sky tv

gemini52

Well the time has finally come after twenty plus years,the sky tv has to go,give it till after xmas then ring them to cancel my contract,its a waste of money i pay 75 quid a month for the internet and sky tv,my son has put a app on the fire stick called cinema,its got every thing on it we watch on sky and its free so really its a no brainer,will pay for a better internet as the package we have at the moment is not the best,if it dos,nt work out we can always go back to sky,but at the moment the quality has been sadly lacking so time to go.

26 minutes ago, discobob said:

Sky works on a 30 day notice so you can do it now and still get your SKY over the period 

Yes I have just done that I have knocked the sports off and will put them back on in the spring I am a big fan of f1 and the cricket so there is no other way to follow said sports that I can afford other than sky. 

2 minutes ago, The Heron said:

Yes I have just done that I have knocked the sports off and will put them back on in the spring I am a big fan of f1 and the cricket so there is no other way to follow said sports that I can afford other than sky. 

my lad and I are both F1 fans as well - been one of the best seasons since I got into it with him.

I have been with sky for years (basic + sports) and never bothered to haggle over price. Had time on my hands the other day so rang them up and said I wanted to cancel as I didn’t think it was good value. Got 30% off. Might have got more off if I had tried harder. 

when you go to cancel it they will do everything in there power to keep you by offering you lots of different packages & deals sometimes it can work out better in the long run even if you were happy with your original deal they will upgrade boxes & subscription plans etc. I do agree with you tho the price you pay for a subscription/ service with them for what you actually get in terms of programs & contect etc isnt really worth it espically with netflix , amazon & youtube producing more content 

16 hours ago, gemini52 said:

Well the time has finally come after twenty plus years,the sky tv has to go,give it till after xmas then ring them to cancel my contract,its a waste of money i pay 75 quid a month for the internet and sky tv,my son has put a app on the fire stick called cinema,its got every thing on it we watch on sky and its free so really its a no brainer,will pay for a better internet as the package we have at the moment is not the best,if it dos,nt work out we can always go back to sky,but at the moment the quality has been sadly lacking so time to go.

I've done a similar thing. Cancelled SKY @£68:00pm which was for landline/phone, TV package and Broadband. I purchased a Firestick 4K and my mate 'altered' it. I know have more channels than I can ever watch. I also bought a Freesat receiver so that I can record programs. My contract expires the end of this month. For Broadband, I went with Vodafone Superfast 2. One of the reasons being is that I've had a mobile phone contract with them for many years, so had a discount. I'll be saving £31 pm.