Lil gun / 22 hornet recipes

3 hours ago, London Best said:

I started at 12 gr. Lilgun and worked up to 13gr in .1 gr. increments with a 35 gr. V-max. In my rifle 12.5 is the most accurate load but all loads were under 5/8 inch. 12.5 cloverleafs and gives 3000 FPS. Rifle is a 1958 BRNO.

Set trigger?

I'm afraid I can't now as I binned a lot of info when I moved up to 50g. Just one tip though - but this doesn't affect the smaller 35g V Max -  which, incidentally, has a poor BC and if you're looking for long range is best avoided but at shorter limits is very good indeed - do be careful if you're thinking of using non Hornet type bullets - V Max type whether Hornady or Nosler, etc - and keep an eye out for excess pressure signs before you would expect a problem. I never did find the problem as I changed to 50g, but was suspecting as these type of bullet had more rifling engagement because of their profile than does the conventional hornet bullet they required more grunt and therefore pulled more pressure. Just a thought.

Purely for anyone who is wondering, mine is 14.