Getting Older and Comfortable Shoes

Taileron

Having size 12 feet, I have always struggled to get shoes. Usually the shops/online retailers have more choice of size 14 than 12. My recent purchase of slippers were the usual last ones on the shelf and fell to bits in quick time. I remarked to Mrs Taileron that this has happened and she has excelled herself.

She has purchased me a pair of memory foam slippers, has anyone else tried these bad boys? Another level of comfort, I actually put them on and found myself groaning with comfort, like an old dog getting comfortable in his bed. Currently half price in the Debenhams sale, get a pair and join me in old F@@t comfort land, you won’t regret it.

6 hours ago, The Heron said:

You think you have problems I have one foot size ten and one foot size eleven ☹️

are you from Norfolk and related to @ditchman - his cousin, uncle, brother - All 3 🤣

2 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

I live in Crocs most of the year since I have plantar fasciitis bar dressing up or wearing boots round the wood.

I have discovered non holey Crocs with fleece lining for Winter too.👍

Crocs are so comfortable but my kids don't like me wearing them out and about but they are the best. I will have to try the fleece lined ones out!!!

1 hour ago, Scully said:

My daughter and OH’s teenage niece despair of me wearing crocs, so I go out of my way to post pictures of me wearing them anywhere I go. 
There are pictures on social media of my crocs in Kelso, Carrick, Manchester and Venice! 🙂

They are my footwear of choice on holiday - the only footwear I take along (they are not quite fully croc-like - they have a suede top with airholes only around the edges) and have been the only footwear I have taken away with me on some of them!!

10 minutes ago, discobob said:

They are my footwear of choice on holiday - the only footwear I take along (they are not quite fully croc-like - they have a suede top with airholes only around the edges) and have been the only footwear I have taken away with me on some of them!!

The holes are there to allow your self esteem to leak out. 👍

4 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

I live in Crocs most of the year since I have plantar fasciitis bar dressing up or wearing boots round the wood.

I have discovered non holey Crocs with fleece lining for Winter too.👍

I never thought that I would admit this publicly , but I'm now the owner of two pairs of crocs 😳. In the dignity stakes ,They're on par with uncontrollable flatulence,  but I just can't stop wearing them 😳.

I'm glad that I've finally managed to find my way out of the Croc closet 😊

12 hours ago, Taileron said:

Having size 12 feet, I have always struggled to get shoes. Usually the shops/online retailers have more choice of size 14 than 12. My recent purchase of slippers were the usual last ones on the shelf and fell to bits in quick time. I remarked to Mrs Taileron that this has happened and she has excelled herself.

She has purchased me a pair of memory foam slippers, has anyone else tried these bad boys? Another level of comfort, I actually put them on and found myself groaning with comfort, like an old dog getting comfortable in his bed. Currently half price in the Debenhams sale, get a pair and join me in old F@@t comfort land, you won’t regret it.

I asked for a pair of Glerups felt slippers last year, awesome things. Considering the year we have had they are comfy warm not smelly, which is amazing in itself, and I would have gone through 2-3 pairs of carppy cheapos if I hadn't had them. 

Only downside is they look really naff, but hey ho I'm at home not down the pub

5 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I never thought that I would admit this publicly , but I'm now the owner of two pairs of crocs 😳. In the dignity stakes ,They're on par with uncontrollable flatulence,  but I just can't stop wearing them 😳.

I'm glad that I've finally managed to find my way out of the Croc closet 😊

Repeat after me - "I am a Crocaholic and I have been wearing my crocs as often as I can for the past <number> of years"

My feet are a 12& 1/2 I wear size 13 altbergs as they fit my feet great.

As for shoes as I've gotten older I buy good shoes as I find them more comfortable. Barker's, Cheaney, Crockets of London, Grensons Etc. When you get the right size and width they are supportive and can be worn all day without feet aching.

I never wear slippers, a pair of crocs to pad around the patio and garage. 

Edited by figgy

2 hours ago, figgy said:

As for shoes as I've gotten older I buy good shoes as I find them more comfortable. Barker's, Cheaney, Crockets of London, Grensons Etc. When you get the right size and width they are supportive and can be worn all day without feet aching

With you on this Figgy. I realised over forty years ago that good quality shoes were worth every penny.

37 minutes ago, London Best said:

With you on this Figgy. I realised over forty years ago that good quality shoes were worth every penny.

When I was younger I used to buy good quality expensive shoes, but getting married kids and mortgage etc put pay to that. Now I'm.older and kids are up do I find that I can appreciate good shoes again, always bought good boots for walking.