New BIOAMMO REX clay cartridge.

DUNKS

Hi has anyone shot the new BIOAMMO clay cartridge?

They have them at our clay ground. Lovely soft shooting Bio plastic wad in 28g 7s. Seems to be the answer to plastic. even the case is Bio degradable. We have been shooting them for a while now. My son who does get through quite a lot of cartridges says they are no different to shoot to any other cartridges he has used. On special off at the moment but I dont know what the full retail price will be! 

Edited by DUNKS

5 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

How much are they on special offer? A quick search shows a couple of places selling them at £198 per 1000

Same price! The other BIO cartridges "game load" I think are more like £400 a thousand. Cant beat a fiver a box.

Where have you seen them please?

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

Hopefully many many years before we have to give up lead altogether 

I agree. However we all know there are many people out there looking for the slightest excuse to ban all forms of shooing.  Nevertheless cartridges with bio degradable wads and steel shot still breaks Clay's. So I could live with that  if out side pressure forces us down that route.

Talking to dedicated clay shooters who have tried these BIOAMMO cartridges they seem to really like them. Have even done pattern tests which are as good as any plas wad cartridge. At a fiver a box for 28 gram why not shoot them. Got myself 1000 today for £200. My son and his mate shot a slab each of these BIOAMMO on Sun and love them. They are clean in the barrel except for what appears to be a few scraps of unburnt powder. One pull through with a bore snake and my 525 barrels were sparkly. If this is the way to go I see no problem. 

6 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

No need to shoot plas wads now, just use fibre wads with lead shot or the bioammo at £5 a box which are also lead shot at that price. So no excuse to keep using non biodegradable wads with lead shot. CPSA should ban non biodegradable wads.

Yes of course and considering how poorly they and the other shooting organisations have behaved recently I am sure a lot of people would really heed their guidance!:rolleyes:

Far better to gently persuade shooters to change by using their old carts up and even getting some trial cartridges out to people to show how good they can be.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes of course and considering how poorly they and the other shooting organisations have behaved recently I am sure a lot of people would really heed their guidance!

Far better to gently persuade shooters to change by using their old carts up and even getting some trial cartridges out to people to show how good they can be.

Is that not the problem gently persuade?  we had fibre wads before plastic, so really no excuse to continue to use non biodegradable wads with lead shot and that has been true for many years. But unless forced to, then no change.

1 minute ago, rbrowning2 said:

Is that not the problem gently persuade?  we had fibre wads before plastic, so really no excuse to continue to use non biodegradable wads with lead shot and that has been true for many years. But unless forced to, then no change.

Gently persuade by allowing the use of plastic wadded shells and as the alternative gets better the removal of the plastic and lead shells gently so old stock held can be used and nurturing shooters to grow accustomed to the new green stuff.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gently persuade by allowing the use of plastic wadded shells and as the alternative gets better the removal of the plastic and lead shells gently so old stock held can be used and nurturing shooters to grow accustomed to the new green stuff.

Get the idea with the likes of the new bioammo but really shooting should have banned non biodegradable wads years ago once the environmental issues with plastic were becoming a concern.
Sadly CPSA should have been far more proactive in this.
Think it will be a long time before biodegradable plastic wads become the norm and availability industry wide, probably driven by the ban of lead shot. Fibre wads with lead shot on the other hand has been an option for a very long time.

2 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Get the idea with the likes of the new bioammo but really shooting should have banned non biodegradable wads years ago once the environmental issues with plastic were becoming a concern.
Sadly CPSA should have been far more proactive in this.
Think it will be a long time before biodegradable plastic wads become the norm and availability industry wide, probably driven by the ban of lead shot. Fibre wads with lead shot on the other hand has been an option for a very long time.

The CPSA have a bad enough reputation with shooters and ground owners. They would have been told to take a hike.

The lead ban will be voluntary and if you start beasting people you will cause bad feeling and many will shoot lead for even longer.

Let things take their pace.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The CPSA have a bad enough reputation with shooters and ground owners. They would have been told to take a hike.

The lead ban will be voluntary and if you start beasting people you will cause bad feeling and many will shoot lead for even longer.

Let things take their pace.

We have to now, to little to late. But that is the reluctance to change the grounds should fall in line with what is best for the future of the sport like ending the use of non biodegradable wads. 
What makes you think the lead ban if it comes will be voluntary? 

55 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

We have to now, to little to late. But that is the reluctance to change the grounds should fall in line with what is best for the future of the sport like ending the use of non biodegradable wads. 
What makes you think the lead ban if it comes will be voluntary?

I reckon it will be phased in.

Maybe IF the cartridge manufacturers were to make the price of fibre and plastic wad cartridges the same, more people would use fibre  ??

When I ran a shooting ground on a military range, we were forced to clean up the plastic wads a couple of times a year.  I managed to get a couple of 'giant hoover' sales people to come and give us a demo, that worked well for a couple of years  !

6 minutes ago, Westley said:

Maybe IF the cartridge manufacturers were to make the price of fibre and plastic wad cartridges the same, more people would use fibre  ??

I am sure that cartridge manufactures would be happy to go all fibre. It would simply their production process and save costs . I suspect that no company dare take the plunge to be the first to do so for fear of loosing business to competitors 

20 minutes ago, figgy said:

Are they staying that price. As it was mentioned it's  an introductory offer.

Probably so.   On a positive note with the EU threat to ban lead totally I suspect continental ammo suppliers minds will be a little more concentrated on the alternatives and competition for sales will ensue.

25 minutes ago, figgy said:

Are they staying that price. As it was mentioned it's  an introductory offer.

Bought a thousand yesterday at £200. Was told next batch would be £210 Cant see why the vast difference between game and clay prices quite honestly.