Deban finders

lampro

Been away from.ferreting for.many years, my lad wants me to take him out so now is the time to buy lit ie nets box ferrets hutch etc that's the easy part, how and where can I buy a mk 1 2 or 3 finder from rare as hens teeth a few on flea bay but there fetching a good price any ideas guys or is anyone selling one with collers

As the Captain says,, since they recently stopped manufacturing the mk 3 finders  people have keyed onto this and are selling them for a fortune.  If you  see any reasonable mk 1 finders you can get them serviced/calibrated for around £25 so you could factor that into your costing.  I could pass you on the details of the guy who did a superb job mine if you go down the Mk1 route.

3 hours ago, Jonty said:

As the Captain says,, since they recently stopped manufacturing the mk 3 finders  people have keyed onto this and are selling them for a fortune.  If you  see any reasonable mk 1 finders you can get them serviced/calibrated for around £25 so you could factor that into your costing.  I could pass you on the details of the guy who did a superb job mine if you go down the Mk1 route.

Thanks if you could send me his details

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, lampro said:

I bit of luck and this time next year we can buy kit at a reasonable price once some else starts to manufacture a new version

You got your mk3 locator cheep enough didnt you. Cant see how you can moan what you paid. I brought one the other day and it never turned up now the man has changed his number. You was lucky you found a proper gent of a man from wells.

27 minutes ago, Mikeyalbie said:

You got your mk3 locator cheep enough didnt you. Cant see how you can moan what you paid. I brought one the other day and it never turned up now the man has changed his number. You was lucky you found a proper gent of a man from wells.

Hang on a minute I know I brought mine at a great price and the guy is a gent, I was commenting on the prices that other people are asking for them, I have no complaints just expressing an observation. And mate the guy you felt with is a wrong un if he has done that to you, your more than welcome to borrow mine if needed 

1 hour ago, lampro said:

Hang on a minute I know I brought mine at a great price and the guy is a gent, I was commenting on the prices that other people are asking for them, I have no complaints just expressing an observation. And mate the guy you felt with is a wrong un if he has done that to you, your more than welcome to borrow mine if needed 

It's absolutely ridiculous, when your trying to get a child in to the old way and there just asking ridiculous money. Yh he was mate, proper gutted £160 down and no ferret finder he was asking £250 for it but I explained to him that I'm basically skint after I lost my job and I collected £160 for xmas off of familly and I wanted it for my son who's 9 and he does that. I really hope he gets covid 19. Thanks alot for the offer buddy 

9 minutes ago, Mikeyalbie said:

It's absolutely ridiculous, when your trying to get a child in to the old way and there just asking ridiculous money. Yh he was mate, proper gutted £160 down and no ferret finder he was asking £250 for it but I explained to him that I'm basically skint after I lost my job and I collected £160 for xmas off of familly and I wanted it for my son who's 9 and he does that. I really hope he gets covid 19. Thanks alot for the offer buddy 

Just got a nice permission today going to walk about tomorrow and scope it out if any good your more than welcome to.come down after lock down with your lad and have a day out, my lads only 13 and was desperate to have a go that's why I got back into it and tbh like being a kid again and will keep an eye open for any at a half decent price for you 

On 11/01/2021 at 11:34, lampro said:

Just got a nice permission today going to walk about tomorrow and scope it out if any good your more than welcome to.come down after lock down with your lad and have a day out, my lads only 13 and was desperate to have a go that's why I got back into it and tbh like being a kid again and will keep an eye open for any at a half decent price fo

Yeah to be honest mate I really enjoy it myself and I think its lovelly for kids to get into it. Thank you so much for the offer i might take you up on that. Where abouts are you from mate? If you could let me know I'd be happy thanks mate .