I feel sorry for this chap, I really do.

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

10 years! What a disgrace. You poke a bear you get bitten. Reminds me of that cricket bat case.... Absolutely awful.

Here is the link:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/homeowner-jailed-for-tackling-burglar-1840948.html

This shows everything that is wrong in our 'justice' system.

50 previous convictions! How was he out to commit his 51st.

On 19/12/2020 at 06:12, 12gauge82 said:

While I don't condone vigilante action, I find it interesting that your first thought is to criticise someone other than the offenders. That's not like you! 

It's the usual"hang em high" ideology though. It is not right to steal, neither is it right to do what he did (as outlined below) and it is damn stupidity saying on a public forum that you condone vigilante action, more so if you value your tickets.

On 19/12/2020 at 10:09, crossy 666 said:

I have seen some of the videos of him chasing them on the bike and he is doing 90mph in a 30mph zone and the wrong side of the road and takes a island blind on the wrong side of the road at high speed. That could of been me or you coming the other way or kids crossing the road 

Vigilante driver kills on camera https://mol.im/a/9063629 via http://dailym.ai/android

Watch the videos and see if you still have the same opinion 

On 19/12/2020 at 11:36, Rim Fire said:

Got to be honest he could have easily killed an innocent bystander himself cutting that corner on the wrong side of the road not condoning what they had done but that was dangerous driving by all parties involved 

On 19/12/2020 at 14:05, thebigH91 said:

when I saw this originally I thought good on him trying to get his property back, but then after knocking them off his bike he drives away without retrieving the bike so was he really trying to get the bike or something else. A sad incident all round I think

I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for him. The fact that his bike had been stolen is irrelevant here. He wasn't defending himself from an attacker - he was driving like a maniac, completely reckless as to who else he might have killed or maimed while trying to catch and do in the thieves of his bike. On which point-  though it's perfectly valid to argue that it should be - twocing a bike is not yet a capital offence in the UK. And even if it were, it's not, never was, and never should be, up to Joe Public to assign to himself the roles of judge, jury, and executioner.

This bloke's very, very lucky he dodged the murder rap. He's obviously a complete lunatic.

10 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for him. The fact that his bike had been stolen is irrelevant here. He wasn't defending himself from an attacker - he was driving like a maniac, completely reckless as to who else he might have killed or maimed while trying to catch and do in the thieves of his bike. On which point-  though it's perfectly valid to argue that it should be - twocing a bike is not yet a capital offence in the UK. And even if it were, it's not, never was, and never should be, up to Joe Public to assign to himself the roles of judge, jury, and executioner.

This bloke's very, very lucky he dodged the murder rap. He's obviously a complete lunatic.

Which is all well and good until you factor in the inability of the Police to do anything other than pick up the pieces.

They are now almost purely a reactive force and more and more people will take the law in to their own hands!

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Which is all well and good until you factor in the inability of the Police to do anything other than pick up the pieces.

They are now almost purely a reactive force and more and more people will take the law in to their own hands!

But that's a different issue. And having members of the public killing either each other or innocent 3rd parties (he could have killed anyone driving like that) isn't a solution. Sure, he was angry. But so is the bloke who discovers his best friend in bed with his wife and takes a hammer to them both. It might mitigate the sentence but anger should never absolve the crime. 

5 hours ago, henry d said:

It's the usual"hang em high" ideology though. It is not right to steal, neither is it right to do what he did (as outlined below) and it is damn stupidity saying on a public forum that you condone vigilante action, more so if you value your tickets.

While I obviously don't disagree with any of the points you addressed to me. That wasnt what I pointed out. What I can't understand is why your first thought always seems to be with the perpetrator of a crime, Ive never once seen you say how outraged you are at an offender, I have seen you defend them though, I just think it's a strange outlook. 

In this case I'm not so sure the person who had their bike stolen was a squeaky clean person themselves. On the other hand, you have look at it and think if the toe rag hadn't stolen the guys bike, none of this heart ache would ever have happened, I'm just glad no one innocent was hurt. 

4 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

But that's a different issue. And having members of the public killing either each other or innocent 3rd parties (he could have killed anyone driving like that) isn't a solution. Sure, he was angry. But so is the bloke who discovers his best friend in bed with his wife and takes a hammer to them both. It might mitigate the sentence but anger should never absolve the crime. 

Im not sure being angry does absolve the crime ?
Nearly all violent crimes are the result of anger over something.
You could call it human nature if you will , but thats the way things are, show me someone who has never got angry, or done something bad whilst angry ?

Like I said , hes very lucky hes not looking at a life sentence , whatever that means these days...

But aside from people feeling frustrated over light sentences, or quite often , no sentence at all, I dont think anyone is REALLY calling for the death of all thieves and low lives.

Look at it this way, suppose the man had called the police on the thieves rather than give chase ?
By the time he actually got to reporting the crime in his broken accented English, the 2 scrotes could have been several miles away in any direction.
IF any cars were available , and actually spotted the bike, they wouldnt have been able to pursue because they werent wearing helmets.
IF they were caught , what possible sentence do you think they would have got ?
Add to that the long criminal records that previously didnt deter them ?

People know this , and are rightfully 'a little bit hacked off' about it, especially when it continually happens to them.
You can barely blame them when some lash out in rage.

Do I think he got a lesser sentence because he was angry at being a victim of crime ? No.
Do I think he 'got away with murder' ?
I think he got manslaughter because murder was too hard to prove, and as we have seen , public opinion would be on his side.

I wonder where this puts the police in the Met who chase down scooter riders and tip them off the bikes.  we are now bound to see a queue of snowflakes coming forward to demand these officers get a prison sentence as well.   Polk County Sheriff has the right idea(youtube) " You go breaking into property on my area and you WILL get shot "

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Ive never once seen you say how outraged you are at an offender,

Plenty enough outrage on here to add more only makes for an echo chamber, it's nice for once to see other people asking questions beyond the theft of a motor bike and self righteous outrage.

It’s simply yet another stark  example of the unknown consequences you can face when you decide to break the law.

If that gremlin hadn’t decided to break the law, chances are he’d still be alive today. I’d wager that neither expected the bike owner to react in the way he did; they probably expected to just get clean away, and they obviously picked on the wrong bloke. Tough.
Those are the chances you take when you decide to go down the illegal route....unpredictable consequences. 

33 minutes ago, henry d said:

Plenty enough outrage on here to add more only makes for an echo chamber, it's nice for once to see other people asking questions beyond the theft of a motor bike and self righteous outrage.

Henry, I always respect your opinions and viewpoints. However when it comes to law and order I must say that the monkey part of my brain over rules the compassionate part. I guess it is partly an innate defence and partly a lack of satisfaction with the system. 

My family are from Jo’burg and so I know well the path that tit for tat and vigilantism leads us down - it ain’t pretty. However if the justice system dealt with perpetrators of crime satisfactorily then there would be no need for vigilantes. You can’t blame those of us who will defend ourselves for the failure of the wider system. 

He should have kept his mouth shut at interview - it seems to me he handed them the rope.

As for knocking a thief off a bike. An interesting one if we consider that if the thief had lived the driver would have had 99% support across the board and he’d be in the Sun and called a legend.

Also I’ve seen enough police camera action to know that 80 mph through a town on the wrong side of the road would get you at best a ban even if the authorities bothered to prosecute. A lot of ‘whataboutery’ if he had hit a pedestrian is not relevant.

I still think that if you steal someone’s motorbike and they are near a car, we’ll don’t be surprised if they chase after you. If you crash of your own lack of skill or get knocked off and hurt, well it’s in the lap of the gods but the first action and the obvious consequences were within the want of thief. 

Are we now saying that if you have something stolen you shouldn’t bother to give chase, just sit back and wait for the crime reference number, mandatory call from victim support and the insurance money?

Edit

Here’s an interesting one, thieves attack a jewellers on Billericay high street and a van driver intentionally mounts the pavement to drive into collision with the moped thieves.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/17816477.moped-rider-jailed-attempting-rob-jewellers-sledgehammer-billericay/

A great video.

Now then, what if a thief fell badly off his moped and cracked his head open and died.

Discuss. Show workings for extra marks

Edited by Mungler

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I wonder where this puts the police in the Met who chase down scooter riders and tip them off the bikes.  

This, And the man here in this thread topic had a bad brief. Very poorly advised. His response should have been to say he was only doing what he'd seen the police doing on countless television programmes.

Are we now saying that if you have something stolen you shouldn’t bother to give chase, just sit back and wait for the crime reference number, mandatory call from victim support and the insurance money?

You can certainly give chase, but if like in this case you kill someone then you will be looking at jail time.  

Maybe there should be a question on your next renewal for SGC or your FAC would you be prepared to give chase in your vehicle and knock off or bump into the offender that was robbing you i think there would be a lot of gun cabinets  for sale 

As been said to voice your opinion on an open forum for all to see is mind boggling 

Edited by Rim Fire