I feel sorry for this chap, I really do.

TIGHTCHOKE

33 minutes ago, henry d said:

So is it ok to kill someone who is stealing from you?

Exodus 22:1-2 ESV / 23 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

“If a man steals an ox or a sheep, and kills it or sells it, he shall repay five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him

Seems pretty straight forward to me :good:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok; is it an appropriate response.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Without rereading the thread I'm not sure anyone is seriously suggesting that. Your probably twisting people's words again as you don't want to admit there are some people who are just rotten all the way through and will never change, they simply need removing from society, or maybe they can come and live with you as you seem to like criminals more than everyone else. 

I posted just a few from the first page, here they are again; "his life is ruined, just a pity both thieves didn’t die." "New Years Honours list candidate in my book - removing a low-life from the gene pool." "This man has been punished for trying to recover his own property. " 

Not twisted, direct quotes.

Edited by henry d
Auto correct

Is vigilante-delivered capital punishment justified for crimes that, taken through the proper channels under the law of any state in the world (even Saudi Arabia), are nowhere near capital offences? That's a poser, isn't it?

This lockdown is addling your minds.... 

Edited by Retsdon

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Appropriate to who? 

my take on it is as follows. If I come home and find somebody burgling my place I have three options

1) let them get away. I could call the police but it’s the same thing. 

2) detain them using force and run the risk of being arrested 

3) kill them and hide the body. Always hide the body  

so I think the appropriate (to me)  response is 3. 

So is it an appropriate response to kill someone who is stealing from you..

3 hours ago, AVB said:

kill them and hide the body. Always hide the body

Now normally we have to take onboard the law says, but as you have disregarded it, are we headed towards a good conclusion or just anarchy? The thief's family conclude that they were only stealing, but you took their life and bypassed the law, so that the normal rules do not apply and we get the Kaiser Söze area of retaliation;  "He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone!"

If you hide the body you better hope they never told anyone where they were going, and remember to find, remove and burn out the vehicle a looooong way from where you are!

4 hours ago, henry d said:

I posted just a few from the first page, here they are again; "his life is ruined, just a pity both thieves didn’t die." "New Years Honours list candidate in my book - removing a low-life from the gene pool." "This man has been punished for trying to recover his own property. " 

Not twisted, direct quotes.

No your twisting it, if I took everything that suited my agenda literally, it makes you just as bad offering advice on how to kill thieves and get away with it, I'll even quote you. 

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

If you hide the body you better hope they never told anyone where they were going, and remember to find, remove and burn out the vehicle a looooong way from where you are!

See its very silly isn't it. 

10 minutes ago, henry d said:

So is it an appropriate response to kill someone who is stealing from you..

Now normally we have to take onboard the law says, but as you have disregarded it, are we headed towards a good conclusion or just anarchy? The thief's family conclude that they were only stealing, but you took their life and bypassed the law, so that the normal rules do not apply and we get the Kaiser Söze area of retaliation;  "He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they live in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone!"

Yes. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

No your twisting it, if I took everything that suited my agenda literally, it makes you just as bad offering advice on how to kill thieves and get away with it, I'll even quote you. 

See its very silly isn't it. 

Yes because it is tongue in cheek as I am quoting a mythical person in a movie (usual suspects), and being as silly as avb is.

20 hours ago, figgy said:

I think it's only right that you should be allowed to defend your property. 

The police are all but useless unless firearms are involved or someone starts a stabbing frenzy. 

When police can't defend you the laws can't protect you. Who does?

You are allowed to defend your property, you are not allowed to chase a burglar and beat him to death. Or as in this case, chase him and knock him off a bike and kill him.