Hearing protection

silver fox 1

Hi just wondering if anybody is using custom fit guards (cfg)  and what you think  of them,  is there customer service any good?  Would you recommend any other brands,  i’m thinking about treating myself to a set  of digital ones for shot gun and rifle shooting.  I’ve had the noise breakers for a few years now  and found them very good  but they don’t do digital  and they probably need upgrading because of changes to my ears  fit etc, 

Any thoughts or feedback would be great regards Sf1

Hi, I have the CFG digitalis. I’d say they’re very good and the customer service I received was also very good. My only gripe is no “off function” so have to slide the battery tray out to preserve battery life. (Edit) to say they have since released an updated digital version and may have an off function but I’m not sure.

I would consider looking at vario’s, although I have no first hand experience of the product I have a few friends that use them and they all rave about them, the guy that owns/runs the company “Jason” is a decent chap and knows his stuff and is more than happy to help with any queries. They also offer a no quibble return, and the units are upgradable, if I remember correctly it will never cost more to upgrade than if you was to go for top spec at the outset. 

hope that’s of some use to you 👍🏻

Edited by Spr1985

Thank you for the reply, i’ll have a look at the vario’s  as well  I must admit I think it might be handy to have something you can turn off  after I finished shooting as I probably would  Forget to take the batteries out, I think I will talk to both companies before I make my mind up.  Happy Christmas and stay safe  Sf1

I ordered a set of Vario's and I'm getting the impressions done next week. With regard to the batteries, I understand that they degrade even when you have switched the plugs off - I think they only last a few weeks. Pretty cheap from Amazon (£12 for 60) so not too much of an issue to swap them out before a shoot.

Thanks for the replies, I’m probably going to have to wait for a while until all the lockdown is over  as I’m in Kent and just been placed in tier 4  and all the non-essential shops have been closed,  not that I’m in any hurry  it will give me more time to do some more research and make my mind up which one to go for

Edited by silver fox 1

Well tried out the cfg digital's on Sunday and have to say I'm very impressed, very comfortable sound like normal, no nasal sound when speaking like when your ears are blocked, not to affected by wind noise either, even on the lowest setting I could hear all the conversation around me, only thing interesting is they cut the sound down rather than cut off like my sportacs so gun noise is louder but not dangerous, so all in all very pleased I went down this route 

ps I'll have to find a better fitting hat as i didn't realise how well the sportacts kept it on 

On 17/12/2020 at 15:59, silver fox 1 said:

Hi just wondering if anybody is using custom fit guards (cfg)  and what you think  of them,  is there customer service any good?  Would you recommend any other brands,  i’m thinking about treating myself to a set  of digital ones for shot gun and rifle shooting.  I’ve had the noise breakers for a few years now  and found them very good  but they don’t do digital  and they probably need upgrading because of changes to my ears  fit etc, 

The Gun Shop on youtube had a 15% off discount code for CFG the other day.

On 17/12/2020 at 15:59, silver fox 1 said:

The discount code is TGS15