HW100 Cylinder leak

powler

Hi, long story short gun was lent out and when returned the after I topped it up with air I noticed a leak from the probe end of the cylinder, looking at the probe some very slight surface rust so ordered new seals and probe and tools to strip the cylinder from HW100 Tuning but leaks still but not as severe as before as you could hear it before. 

I will pull it apart again and double check my work but not holding my breath as I did everything right as fare as I know including a smidge of silicone on the seals.

If not sorted it will have to go for repair which is annoying as its going to eat into my thermal spotter fund.

Not blaming my mate I lent the gun to as I don't thin he even filled the gun and the surface rust easily could of been there for ages.

Was thinking of HW100 tuning anyone had dealing's with them?

Mick

12 minutes ago, powler said:

Hi, long story short gun was lent out and when returned the after I topped it up with air I noticed a leak from the probe end of the cylinder, looking at the probe some very slight surface rust so ordered new seals and probe and tools to strip the cylinder from HW100 Tuning but leaks still but not as severe as before as you could hear it before. 

I will pull it apart again and double check my work but not holding my breath as I did everything right as fare as I know including a smidge of silicone on the seals.

If not sorted it will have to go for repair which is annoying as its going to eat into my thermal spotter fund.

Not blaming my mate I lent the gun to as I don't thin he even filled the gun and the surface rust easily could of been there for ages.

Was thinking of HW100 tuning anyone had dealing's with them?

Mick

Hello, any link for HW tuning ?

18 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Just to say he gets good reviews on the UK AGF forum

This is the link to HW100Tuning Sounds good if the AGF comments are good.

18 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Took mine (HW100) to Air Gun Doctor in Cannock - following recommendations.  Very good service and done whilst I waited (by prior booking).  I will definitely go there again next time.

Ok thanks will have a look at there website.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, emailed HW100 Tuning today and had a nice and speedy response, gun stripped and well packaged ready for shipping with a tin of pellets. Will update with the outcome. Having the leak fixed with a service/upgrade package.

Mick

3 hours ago, powler said:

Just an update, emailed HW100 Tuning today and had a nice and speedy response, gun stripped and well packaged ready for shipping with a tin of pellets. Will update with the outcome. Having the leak fixed with a service/upgrade package.

Mick

Great stuff,  you won't be disappointed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Gun back yesterday from HW100 Tuning, dealt with a gent called Mel, very good service, all looks good with the gun had a print out of service details with notes and also one of the fps/ft-lbs and the gun is averaging 11.31ft-lbs using JSB exact jumbo's 15.89gr.

Tested it on my Combro chrono and showed a bit lower but thats probably down to my chrono so not worried about that and to be honest I could only test in the basement as not travelling to perms at the moment due to covid as closest perm is 20 miles away from home, frustrating as it would be good to get out and re zero the scope.

AND the gun ain't leaking no more, Mel said the brass regulator valve had seized.

Very pleased with HW100 Tuning's professional service.

Just thought I would post in case anyone had similar issue or was thinking of using HW100 Tuning.

Mick