PCP hand pump advice

TRINITY

29 minutes ago, archiebald said:

They are great, I was dubious when I baught mine. I not used it in years, got it out and still works great! I remember paying £150 for a pump in 2001.  I prefer the pump your self reliant. If I went to the range I just paid a pound for it filling several times to save time. 

And the fn19 what a great gun! 

16084825019729105725866797006008.jpg

Just now, strimmer_13 said:

16084825019729105725866797006008.jpg

Not gonna lie, I've had a hell of a time trying to get this gun right. Bought it off free ads from some guy in Bristol who'd obviously tried getting it over powered. Transfer port drilled, trigger mech needed changing to Ali, new seals about 4 times as I didn't realise that he'd chewed the internals some how and would screw up every o ring in the exhaust chamber, so bought a new one of tr robb, which didn't fit, but id waited 2 months for it and filed off a little of the rear to accommodate. 

Its had about £200 of parts put on, but still not 100%. I've set it at 11ftlb. Half inch groups at 30 yards, I'll fettle it more when I get to grips more with it, they are simple guns. **** taking my fx apart, I see small screws and springs I just panic and give up 😂 

The pump is smashing tho 👍

59 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Not gonna lie, I've had a hell of a time trying to get this gun right. Bought it off free ads from some guy in Bristol who'd obviously tried getting it over powered. Transfer port drilled, trigger mech needed changing to Ali, new seals about 4 times as I didn't realise that he'd chewed the internals some how and would screw up every o ring in the exhaust chamber, so bought a new one of tr robb, which didn't fit, but id waited 2 months for it and filed off a little of the rear to accommodate. 

Its had about £200 of parts put on, but still not 100%. I've set it at 11ftlb. Half inch groups at 30 yards, I'll fettle it more when I get to grips more with it, they are simple guns. **** taking my fx apart, I see small screws and springs I just panic and give up 😂 

The pump is smashing tho 👍

I had 2 i honestly never had to touch them I sold 1 (stupidly) to a friend when I upgraded to a hw100. I used them a lot when I used to go all the time. I never even changed a main seal over 7 years and God knows when they where re sealed before. They where pellet on pellet from the day I has them to the day I sold them I had a single shot I had some of my best years shooting with that and sold it for a multi shot. My friend who I sold it to still has it. I'm planning on buying it back in the new year. I re sealed one once it was so simple and was spot on. I had other air guns that where messed with (rws excalibure) I previously owned to. It was never the same again. 

Edit i changed probe seals a couple of times 

19 minutes ago, archiebald said:

I had 2 i honestly never had to touch them I sold 1 (stupidly) to a friend when I upgraded to a hw100. I used them a lot when I used to go all the time. I never even changed a seal over 7 years and God knows when they where re sealed before. They where pellet on pellet from the day I has them to the day I sold them I had a single shot I had some of my best years shooting with that and sold it for a multi shot. My friend who I sold it to still has it. I'm planning on buying it back in the new year. He hasn't had to replace any seals either. I re sealed one once it was so simple and was spot on. I had other air guns that where messed with (rws excalibure) I previously owned to. It was never the same again.

Edited by archiebald

I’ve used the same stirrup pump and the same AAS410 for close on 20 years. I bought it as soon as it was launched, having saved up for an S310 like John Darling’s. 

Just checked and it is over 20 years old bought with savings and birthday money, makes me feel a little ancient but what a great big of kit. Had it serviced once:

https://www.airarmsanorak.co.uk/air-arms-s400-s410