Trade guntrader adds

Lucasnorth

Drives me insane that they can’t be bothered to display any pictures, any description or details, just make, model, and price, 

is there any logic reason why they do this, it’s 80% of them and in 99% of the time I will just skip past them, 

just saw a mossberg 500 hushpower I was interested in, no idea if it’s wood or synthetic, barrel length, chokes, LOP, condition, age, overall length, nothing, surly it would be easier to include all this rather than having people ring or email, even though half the time they don’t reply to emails, thanks for indulging in my rant😄

lucas. 

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, send an email, Dear Sir, as you have not put any details and photos you can keep your ?? No wonder the gun trade is going down the pan, kind regards ??

9 out of 10 times they don't bother replying to emails either. I sent 7 emails this year to traders only 1 replied. Quess who gets my business from now on even though they are 140 miles away. 

Nice to know it’s not just me😄 I sent a msg last night to the shop with the mossberg letting them know my thoughts and to kindly ask why they do it, and as some of you say, you msg them asking all the usual questions that should be in the add and get no reply, when I was after a miroku 3800 a while ago I saw one on GT and must of sent 3/4 msgs asking about it, not one reply, rang a couple of times and no reply, same with a couple of gunsmiths asking if they could open up some barrels, fit a new butt pad and maybe a adjustable comb, and esker about a price for said work, no reply from the 2/3 places I contacted, 

Shop local, support your local dealer of loose him.

I find they're only on guntrader if they don't sell in the shop. The next step is auction.

I don't get buying "mail order" guns. How do you get the feel and fit? How do you appraise its quality? What if it develops even a minor fault? RFD fees to bump up the price.

Must be better going to a gun shop, racks of guns to try, craic with the shop staff. Actually see and feel the thing, maybe borrow it for a few days. Barter, get a deal and come out smiling.

On 20/12/2020 at 18:31, Centrepin said:

Shop local, support your local dealer of loose him.

I find they're only on guntrader if they don't sell in the shop. The next step is auction.

I don't get buying "mail order" guns. How do you get the feel and fit? How do you appraise its quality? What if it develops even a minor fault? RFD fees to bump up the price.

Must be better going to a gun shop, racks of guns to try, craic with the shop staff. Actually see and feel the thing, maybe borrow it for a few days. Barter, get a deal and come out smiling.

I do buy local as a rule, but sometimes not always possible. And it’s ok having a rack full of guns but if your after something specific and they don’t have it then it’s gun trader time,👍

On 19/12/2020 at 23:52, Lucasnorth said:

Drives me insane that they can’t be bothered to display any pictures, any description or details, just make, model, and price, 

is there any logic reason why they do this, it’s 80% of them and in 99% of the time I will just skip past them, 

just saw a mossberg 500 hushpower I was interested in, no idea if it’s wood or synthetic, barrel length, chokes, LOP, condition, age, overall length, nothing, surly it would be easier to include all this rather than having people ring or email, even though half the time they don’t reply to emails, thanks for indulging in my rant😄

lucas. 

unfortunately you might just have to do things like we used to, ring around, get familiar with your local gunshops, ask them what they have.

My local RFD has all his guns on guntrader. If you go to the shops website and click on the stock list, it links to the pictures and info on guntrader. Good way of doing things, one set of info where it can be seen either way you look.

It's ok saying buy local, if they have what you want at the right price.

A lot of gun shops use the Guntrader app to keep a register of their stock movements, booking in, booking out etc. What you see on the ads without photos is a bare, first attempt register of a gun being taken into stock. I expect you will find that a set of pics will appear, together with a fuller description in a few days time.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

unfortunately you might just have to do things like we used to, ring around, get familiar with your local gunshops, ask them what they have.

The motor car has reduced our need for legs. Repair by replacement has done likewise with our arms and hands. The internet has rendered the need for a dictionary (and the ability to use it) redundant and simple arithmatic no longer is. We are probably about 100,000 years away of reverting back to being an amoeba.

On 23/12/2020 at 10:50, wymberley said:

The motor car has reduced our need for legs. Repair by replacement has done likewise with our arms and hands. The internet has rendered the need for a dictionary (and the ability to use it) redundant and simple arithmatic no longer is. We are probably about 100,000 years away of reverting back to being an amoeba.

In all honesty that's probably a step up for a few people.

On 23/12/2020 at 10:50, wymberley said:

Some are closer than others (wild justice)