Teague Super Extended - are they worth the cash?

PPP

Hindsight is of course 20/20 and I should have bought 32 inch 695.  In an effort to rectify this I see as super ext chokes are much cheaper than spare barrels.

I could go for Beretta or Briley (both of which seem great in my other guns) but don’t mind paying for Teague IF they are worth it.

Teague are no better than Briley or I suspect your Beretta chokes 

If you have extended chokes your already at 31" can you tell the difference? It won't make one bit of difference to the shot. If you want more weight forward buy some barrel weights for under the forend. You can make it handle like 36" barrelled gun if you desire. Type into Google Beretta super extended chokes and then click on images. The blank smooth extension part looks out of place, bit like a choke not screwed in properly. 

Extreme chokes are longer than most and look ok. Super extended chokes always look odd to me. 

extreme-beretta-chokes_large_1.jpg

Edited by figgy

You have to think of the gun manufacturing industry in the same manner as you would regard the fashion industry. 

The shotgun mechanism was arguably perfected over a hundred years ago, all that is left now are mostly superfluous ‘add ons’ as a means by which to part us from our money.

All this means really, is that the chokes will work fine, just like any others, but they won’t improve your shooting. 🙂

Edited by Scully

Thanks guys, gun handles differently than my 30 plus extended which I prefer, I be arms like a gorilla even at 15 inch stock my lead hand is half in the barrels when I’m shooting well as such 30 feel too short.

Thanks Figgy, I’ll try the bfast read weights removed (currently bang on hinge pin) and see how that goes, if no good I’ll get some beretta extremes 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

You have to think of the gun manufacturing industry in the same manner as you would regard the fashion industry. 

The shotgun mechanism was arguably perfected over a hundred years ago, all that is left now are mostly superfluous ‘add ons’ as a means by which to part us from our money.

All this means really, is that the chokes will work fine, just like any others, but they won’t improve your shooting. 🙂

Rather sad - but this is totally true.  The industry needs to keep selling guns - and since guns actually last very well, they have to work hard to make you want the latest model/gadget/refinement/trend.

As others have said, to alter the balance - a little weight can work wonders.

A choke is a choke I’ve had Teague, Muller and the factory supplied ones in my beretta and I can safely say there is no difference. Even pattern plated them and in actual fact the best were the ones that came with the gun but the difference was marginal. 

don’t waste your money 

Edited by Wingman

9 hours ago, Scully said:

Bingo!:good:

21 hours ago, figgy said:

Why would long arms make any difference to barrel length. I'm six foot three and can grab the barrels if I want to, it's not right though.

Grip the forend it's what it's for, get used to having your lead hand further back or get a longer forend.

I shoot this gun. I have better with my lead hand forward 

On 20/12/2020 at 12:02, Scully said:

This 100%!