Nearly the Shortest Day

pigeon controller

I had a call in the week did I want to go shooting, the reply being yes. It was Bunny_ Blaster and he had two fields of rape that the birds were showing interest in. Now I was not sure if he had and ulteria motive to his request or it was from "Age Concern" help an " Old **** At Christmas" !!!

We agreed to shoot on Saturday but it was raining when I looked out at 03.00 and 06.00 so I text B_B that I would give it a miss, when I finally rose at 07.00 it was bright sunshine so I decided to drive to the field to view it and found only five birds in the trees so I returned home at 13.00 B_B rang me and he was at the field and it had good number of birds feeding so we agreed to shoot today at 10.00.

So we both arrived at the field this morning as agreed to find fifty odd birds dropping onto the rape with approx twenty in a bank of trees. I agreed to set up on the bank of trees and B_B would go on the second field and we would push the birds to each other.

The treck across the field was arduous with all the gear  but I set up with twelve fresh birds two on the magnet and two flyers and eight on spikes with two plastic birds as lofters in the tree next to the hide. The wind was over my left shoulder from the back, the first bird in was jinxing left to right and I missed it, good start. In the first hour I had twelve birds for twenty shots. As the day went on the decoying improved and at 13.00 the birds just kept coming. Then it just stopped and we agreed to stop shooting at 14.15 We combind the shot birds for the picture as we had picked up eightyeight birds.

I would thank B_B for the invite

[img]https://i.ibb.co/TrYFQf3/100-3524.jpg[/img]

88 Pigeons

Nice to see you are back in the fold and doing what you do best , looking at your hide , poles , the weight of your decoys and not forgetting your gun and cartridges you are a perfect candidate for the ironman competition for people who have reached three score year and ten and over , did you carry the bag of pigeons over the field as well as your gear at close of play ??

18 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You are NOT getting out often enough, your aim is off!:w00t:

Very True!!

18 hours ago, JDog said:

Thank you for posting. I hope that the new house is proving to be a success. I presume because of the move you have lost your Santa hat.

Not moved yet, legal people talking££££££

Found My Hat

17 hours ago, marsh man said:

Nice to see you are back in the fold and doing what you do best , looking at your hide , poles , the weight of your decoys and not forgetting your gun and cartridges you are a perfect candidate for the ironman competition for people who have reached three score year and ten and over , did you carry the bag of pigeons over the field as well as your gear at close of play ??

B_B carried the pigeon back to the Disco I did the rest, Paying for it today