Shooting on private land

MWildfowler

9 minutes ago, MWildfowler said:

Hi guys, 

Just a quick one. My uncle lives on about 4/5 acres of land and after speaking with him yesterday he's told me that he gets a few rabbits, pheasants etc on is land. So my question is what will be the law about doing some shooting on his land?

Does he live there and have the shooting rights or does he own the land?

4 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

He don't say what he'd be shooting with: assuming its cleared for the calibre of rifle he might be using if he has closed FAC - given he needed to ask the question.

Yes you may well be correct, but he has been asking shotgun questions since joining.

56 minutes ago, MWildfowler said:

@old'un So he has a house right at the beginning and basically he has about 4-5 acres of land as his 'back garden'. Mainly open land a few trees and etc. But after speaking to him I know that he gets a range of wildlife passing through!

well 4 or 5 acres is not very big, unless your lucky enough for the ground to-be on a good flight-line for pigeons or blacks I think once you have fired a couple of shots with the shotgun most stuff will disappear, if there’s a bit of woodland/spinney you could do a walker and setup a hide and feeder and shoot a few squirrels with the air rifle or maybe the odd pigeon that lands in the trees.

Good luck and let us know what you bag. :good:

58 minutes ago, old'un said:

well 4 or 5 acres is not very big, unless your lucky enough for the ground to-be on a good flight-line for pigeons or blacks I think once you have fired a couple of shots with the shotgun most stuff will disappear, if there’s a bit of woodland/spinney you could do a walker and setup a hide and feeder and shoot a few squirrels with the air rifle or maybe the odd pigeon that lands in the trees.

Good luck and let us know what you bag. :good:

Sounds like it could be a good air rifle prospect.

Yeah agreed it’s not very big but it’ll be nice when I’m in their neck of the woods to see what the day brings. They're situated in between a lot of farmland so hoping that brings some game now and then. They also have a lot of fish in a pond that is heavily fed and this does attract a few mallard (which my uncle gets very annoyed at) so once I’m out of tier 4 and can move around freely might have to pop down to his!