Turmeric capsules

Walker570

Anyone on here tried these?  Specifically to ease arthritic and joint pain in hips and legs.  I have heard good things but know the PW Massif are a wealth of knowledge on these things normally.  This year I have struggled walking and it has made my driven days unpleasant. 40yrs ago I would have walked any of you in the ground, I get pain from hips, back and legs and know that I have sciatica due to compressed vertis.  Just wondered if these tablets would help.

Its my understanding they're ok if you're not too bad to start with.

If you're already, like me, "gone" its a waste. I get better results from a heat pad applied to whichever hurts most. Or on a bad day a heated fleece blanket and plenty of rest in preparation for the next day you over do it.

By what you describe, they'll not hurt but then a walking stick would be better.

Its not meant nasty,  I walk with crutches, sticks or or a good day 1 stick.

My wife and I both take them.

My wife swears that they relieve her arthritic hands.

I have long term back ache - doesn't touch it, but then nothing, physio, chiropracty, osteopathy or drugs touches it

Edited by amateur

I lifted an old oak cattle feeder (to get to the rats) and although the legs and back were fine I strained my right shoulder, 4 years of constant niggle until a mate said try the turmeric capsules. 6 weeks later and the injury had healed - quite a relief. Other folk have said that they might not be so good if you take them long term so I have not used them since. One farm owner I know uses them on and off, she has arthritis and sciatica. I took 2 capsules a day - eb item number 

Just now, AVB said:

I take them. The only benefit I find is not aching as much after gym sessions. Not sure why but definitely seems to be something in it. 

That's sort of the point I meant, if you're able to do a gym session with respect you're not that bad.

When I used to pay for physio on one session I was taken into the gym, put on a bicycle and lasted just 22 seconds before I passed out from pain.

Turmeric for me would be the equivalent of sucking a smartie to run a marathon. For those in generally well health they may have some limited use over time, before you suffer irreversible joint wear.

I've been on them for nearly two years, massive improvement to my shoulders and hips. I take two a day after first taking four a day for a couple of weeks to get it well into the system. With black pepper extract are the ones.

After being on them for a few months I ran out having forgotten to order more: my pains returned after a few days without them. Carol has bad arthritis and too stubborn to even try them.

As always lots of advice from the 'massif' and many thanks. I think I will order some and give them a try.  I do take a small asprin with my blood pressure tablets so will contact my Doctor first.  I'm not crippled by it and certainly not at the stage where I feel the need for a stick or sticks. Last week I had a hard day at Grimsthorpe where the going was very muddy and by the fifth drive I was struggling to keep up with 20lb of mud on each wellie.  ..... mind the others where 40yrs younger or less.  Many thanks for the advice.

Vet tried to get me to buy some incredibly expensive joint care supplements for my dog, these contained turmeric but I bought them as human supplements for a fraction of the price. My mate's wife buys sackfulls of turmeric for her old horse and she reckons it helps. Turmeric is a mild anti inflamatory which is why it works.

Another thumbs up for turmeric and black pepper capsules, believe the pepper is there to help absorption. Have spent a lot of my working life crawling around in ships and boats and kneeling, a workmate commented on how much trouble I had standing up, he reckoned it was like watching his grandad before he took the capsules, told me to give them a try. A couple of years on my knees still stiffen up if cold and damp but much better ease of movement and very little pain, good result.