Sandringham Owl

NatureBoy

Yet another good looking corpse!? Anyone else picked up on this? Or aint we bothered anymore?  

Little owl (by carch?) caught in a fenn trap on Sandringham shoot. Odd how it got in there and was found/uncovered. Found by (" member of the public?"). Then reported that they were warned by there employer not to report it. Strange. The way Packham  bleated on in mainstream media (independent) and comments from his cult, you would think the Queen had set the trap herself. Calling for a ban on "unsustainable" shooting. Aint Sandringham a wild shoot. Selective/timed reporting again. This incident happed in May. Lockdown! What were they doing poking around there in lockdown? When the amount of bycatch (including 4 cats) just from the RSPB's stoat eradication scheme was pointed out to them it was simply ignored. Some of the ignorant nasty comments of his followers are crazy. . . . No action was taken as no crime committed. Police had word with head Keeper. I wonder if he'll be handing back his CBE? As he feels so strongly about the royals being involved in shooting and conservation orgs. . . . NASC (National Anti Snaring Campaign Another) yet another new group i hadn't of? I wonder if they are backed by Lush as well? Guess timing nice and convenient (again) to distract from and try to keep the followers on board after his WJ charity "mistake" and he and his girlfriends Zoo being investigated. 

I see Bo Jo's gal Carrie Symonds has been vote PETA activist of the year.

Anyone follow C4PMC and there social media Xmas Advent Campaign againest anti's? Highlighting one of them each day. Iwonder who will be top? 😉 They not liking it, and dare to say it out of order and "Nasty". Really! Aint that what Packham was calling us on BBC prime time TV (Springwatch) years ago? "The Nasty Brigade". . . . Yet some of our lot are saying it not right or helping us either? . . . Your thoughts?

Anti's don't seem to like the slightest bit of push back and quick to throw toys out of pram when it comes to C4PMC. Least someone having a go at em! 

Interesting how Dr NO uses "FAQ s" on end of WJ blog on the Welsh GL review that was held the other day. Wonder if outcome will have an effect on our GLs?

Not good a links. But there's a Gov petition worth signing. It's been started by Edward Coles (keeper), calling for increasing sentencing for hare coursing and poaching. Shame so few have signed. Needs sharing more! . . . Problem is getting worse.             NB                     

19 minutes ago, PeterHenry said:

'Campaign for the Protection of Moorland Communities' - if I'm not mistaken 

That's the one!  They Proper have a go at likes of Packham, WJ, RPUK, Luke Steel and many other antis. Even some of our lot recon they to aggressive in there tactics and what they say. Certainly not afraid of having a go and it get to the antis. Look them up see what you think?         NB

New GLs for England. Better late than never. Worded better. look workable. though rook and jackdaw off for protection of birds (green listers). . . . As GWCT say less incentive for some to help red/amber listers. Well done them for there hard work and still providing good science when it matters in hard time. Certainly get my support!     👍      NB

2 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

New GLs for England. Better late than never. Worded better. look workable. though rook and jackdaw off for protection of birds (green listers). . . . As GWCT say less incentive for some to help red/amber listers. Well done them for there hard work and still providing good science when it matters in hard time. Certainly get my support!     👍      NB

Had a quick read and it looks like Magpie’s are well protected, unless I have missed something you can only shoot them if there's a direct attack on live stock?

Just had a read through. It would appear you can continue as normal with magpies - including Larson traps etc. The key purpose is, “to protect endangered species.” We’ve all got a few of those around. 

There’s a lot of waffle about using non lethals first. However this is helpfully contradicted a few lines later with:

You are not required to use alternative, lawful methods under condition 1(a) and 1(b) where the use of such methods would be impractical, without effect or disproportionate in the circumstances.”

It’s almost as though they’ve included content requests from the bunny huggers (sorry stakeholders), and then had them nullified by content from the org’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how the document evolved.....?!

Personally I’m relieved that we have robust GLs again. Good news for us and bad news for the burgeoning magpie population. Well done to our shooting org’s!!

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Had a quick read and it looks like Magpie’s are well protected, unless I have missed something you can only shoot them if there's a direct attack on live stock?

Old’un

I’ve just realised you might have been looking at GL42. 
Have a look at GL40. You might find the latter will give you more legal confidence. Happy magpie hunting. 

26 minutes ago, Fellside said:

Old’un

I’ve just realised you might have been looking at GL42. 
Have a look at GL40. You might find the latter will give you more legal confidence. Happy magpie hunting. 

I can see on GL42 for Magpie’s Table 1: action you may take to prevent serious damage, live stock direct attack ‘Yes’ all other reasons are ‘No’

GL40, Conserving endangered wild birds ‘Yes’

Edited by old'un

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

I can only see on GL42 for Magpie’s Table 1: action you may take to prevent serious damage, live stock direct attack ‘Yes’ all other reasons are ‘No’

Hi Old’un

It’s definitely on GL40. There’s a “yes” next to the magpie under the heading, “Conserving endangered wild birds”

A handy way to access this is to log on the the BASC website, then go to general licence icon, then the new GL40. 
I’ve read it over a couple of times. It’s there in black and white, unless I’m going completely mad ..... always possible of course...?!

30 minutes ago, old'un said:

I can see on GL42 for Magpie’s Table 1: action you may take to prevent serious damage, live stock direct attack ‘Yes’ all other reasons are ‘No’

15 minutes ago, Fellside said:

Hi Old’un

It’s definitely on GL40. There’s a “yes” next to the magpie under the heading, “Conserving endangered wild birds”

A handy way to access this is to log on the the BASC website, then go to general licence icon, then the new GL40. 
I’ve read it over a couple of times. It’s there in black and white, unless I’m going completely mad ..... always possible of course...?!

yes I know. :)

14 minutes ago, old'un said:

yes I know. :)

Sorry I misunderstood you - trying to help. Happy we got there anyway. 

Good we can crack on as normal with magpies. Imagine how frustrating it would be, if you were looking after your little patch of England and a magpie flew in to range ...... and you couldn’t take the shot....?! I hope that day never comes!!

Everyone on here should take the time to take a look at the c4pmc site and their articles. No one is taking it to the antis better than them at the moment. The activist advent calendar is an excellent piece of work. Not particularly over the top, but simply pointing out some home truths about those that are most vocal about what we do in the fieldsport community. 

Any chance anyone gets to distribute or highlight c4pmc, please do so. We all need to get behind them. 

On 21/12/2020 at 20:04, Centrepin said:

Well🤔 C4 is an explosive and PMC is President of the Mess Committee. The RSM, Regimental Sergeant Major is normally PMC of the Sgts, Sergeants Mess and generally explosive to boot, so it sort of just fits🤣🤣🤣

Other than that I have no idea.

As the norm, the Sgts' Mess Committee has a chairman.