Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Gameking said:

BSA Ultra Multishot - Calibre would help as to pellet recommendation 

 

Can I ask how much please been think about adding a .22 ( I have Superten .177 ) PM me if you prefer.

Its a .22. I got it from the street branch of avalon guns for £550, free tin of pellets, but ive spent nearly a grand in there this last 6 months. I just find them faultless as sellers, and a decent bunch of lads to chat too. 

I went down the .22 mark again as im used to the trajectory. I've 1 .177 and I never use it, so it's going for sale this weekend, plus I have a few different brands and makes of .22 where as hardly any in .177 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I'll get her makeup, get some nasty stall fried food to help my heart failure and have a looksie at a gamo boxer which caught my eye. Instead held the ultra and bought it after 2 mins. 

She thankfully didn't notice the other gun I bought a few months ago and I'm hoping the same with this..... 

4 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Don't panic. I am your local Fully Accreditted Counsellor (FAC) for the AGA. On your next purchase please just get in touch and I'll come up and relieve you of the problem.

😂 It's a real problem, I might need help :yay:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

And a real stupid question, which I don't care about asking as I'd feel even more stupid if I broke it, how do I load the mag up? It's spring loaded and tbf the most flimsy mag I've ever held, so I'm a tad worried about breaking it 

Just put a pellet in the first hole, then rotate anti clockwise 👍don't think you can do it wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice gun strimmer. 

The bsa ultra in .22 is a very unfussy gun .and it should shoot most quality pellet well .but some worth trying in order of which my bsa s like best  

Falcon accuracy plus  13.4 grn 

Crosman premier  14.3 grn 

Bisley lrg  14  grn 

Jsb jumbo 16 grn 

Whats the gun you want to sell .

Just wondering ? 

I've never managed to break those mags they are tougher than they look .

Only one thing dont rotate it all the way round to no10 and then let it go (when empty ) it can damage the pellet stop inside  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

 

Only one thing dont rotate it all the way round to no10 and then let it go (when empty ) it can damage the pellet stop inside  

Thats what I was worried about, I was turning it to no2 and it was springing back, thought it might of had a stop in there, didnt realise it stops springing back when it's got a pellet in the hole. 

 

Thats my selection so I'll go with jumbos, I'll try accupells as well as I gave a full tin to my mate to use in his rapid which he sold

I'm going to get rid of the falcon fn, I use it once or twice a year. 

After much shouldering in the last hour, I think I'm converting to it, but i reckon it looks like a toy on me being so tall 😂

IMG_20201222_182424.jpg

IMG_20201222_182657.jpg.2a2b7bb6be7084db97657779abdb6760.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ttfjlc said:

Nice gun mate, I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these or an S200, the limited shot count on both doesn't bother me going on the lack of pests on my perms :lol:

Ive literally bought it to shoot a few rats, nothing else here worth shooting... But I don't generally have the dough to spend but ive had a really **** year health wise and I thought **** it I'm having a new toy as soon as I saw it on the wall. Bloody shop, I must show more restraint. Good job I didn't have my sgc on me or I'd be really skint 😅

51 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Nice gun strimmer. 

The bsa ultra in .22 is a very unfussy gun .and it should shoot most quality pellet well .but some worth trying in order of which my bsa s like best  

Falcon accuracy plus  13.4 grn 

Crosman premier  14.3 grn 

Bisley lrg  14  grn 

Jsb jumbo 16 grn 

Whats the gun you want to sell .

Just wondering ? 

I've never managed to break those mags they are tougher than they look .

Only one thing dont rotate it all the way round to no10 and then let it go (when empty ) it can damage the pellet stop inside  

Also forgot to ask, wheres it's sweet spot going to be? Says 220 down for fill, so guessing 200 to 120? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Ive literally bought it to shoot a few rats, nothing else here worth shooting... But I don't generally have the dough to spend but ive had a really **** year health wise and I thought **** it I'm having a new toy as soon as I saw it on the wall. Bloody shop, I must show more restraint. Good job I didn't have my sgc on me or I'd be really skint 😅

:lol:, I've got a car repair bill heading my way soon then I'll see what is left, I really like the look of those Ultras, a handy little gun to have to go wondering around the woods plus it would be easier for my youngest to shoot with. I bet next time you go you have your shotgun certificate in your back pocket. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

:lol:, I've got a car repair bill heading my way soon then I'll see what is left, I really like the look of those Ultras, a handy little gun to have to go wondering around the woods plus it would be easier for my youngest to shoot with. I bet next time you go you have your shotgun certificate in your back pocket. :lol:

There was a 10 bore kestral there and a hatsan pump I liked the look of. I can't reload or need any more shotguns (I have 6) but it's a itch ill have to scratch. 10bore on crows might get a tad expensive 😂 

 

23 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

My bsa likes jumbos and jsb rs.  The group size is the same but the rs are quite a lot flatter so easier to shoot. Both have the same effect on quarry. 

Brilliant ill give the jumbos a go as they group in the fx alright as well, tho the air arms are best. 

So plan of attack, take the jumbos, zero it at lunch, nv on and go ratting tomorrow night and get it covered in cow **** by 9pm 🐮 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

Ive literally bought it to shoot a few rats, nothing else here worth shooting... But I don't generally have the dough to spend but ive had a really **** year health wise and I thought **** it I'm having a new toy as soon as I saw it on the wall. Bloody shop, I must show more restraint. Good job I didn't have my sgc on me or I'd be really skint 😅

Also forgot to ask, wheres it's sweet spot going to be? Says 220 down for fill, so guessing 200 to 120? 

So you should get around 50 - 60 shots from 225 - to about 115 bar .

If your ratting you may find that the 16 grn jumbos pass right through a rat .

I love .22 hobbys in ultras .they shoot well out to around 25 /30 yds and give a nice splat on old Roland. Cheap and effective .

of those pellets in your picture for rats id use either the hades or the superdomes 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Nice gun mate, I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these or an S200, the limited shot count on both doesn't bother me going on the lack of pests on my perms 

Hello, go for the BSA. the S200 is a lot of faffing about with multi shot, otherwise it's single shot loading, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ttfjlc said:

Thanks @oldypigeonpoppermust admit I'm swaying towards the Ultra due to the compactness of it, my standing shots might improve then 

You best had stick with the Ultra, the R10 is too much for you and you'll never find a scorpion 😅😅😅

But seriously,  no one ever says a bad thing about the Ultra.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mice! said:

You best had stick with the Ultra, the R10 is too much for you and you'll never find a scorpion 😅😅😅

But seriously,  no one ever says a bad thing about the Ultra.

I would say I could just about handle an edgun leshy but I ain't paying 4 figures for a pistol :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...