My Team

tonymagnum

Cracking picture. Love those pointers. I used to have a day or two with a pair on the grouse at Lowther, fine days and some lovely dog work.   I have a young chap who works his peregrine on the ground below our village ..Austrey, Warwicks.  He also runs an English Pointer, lemon and white (is that the correct term?).

21 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Cracking picture. Love those pointers. I used to have a day or two with a pair on the grouse at Lowther, fine days and some lovely dog work.   I have a young chap who works his peregrine on the ground below our village ..Austrey, Warwicks.  He also runs an English Pointer, lemon and white (is that the correct term?).

I'm looking at booking a walked up day on Grouse next year over pointers/setters, more so do see the dog's work than anything else. 

Need to get myself fit this summer first :D 

13 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I'm looking at booking a walked up day on Grouse next year over pointers/setters, more so do see the dog's work than anything else. 

Need to get myself fit this summer first :D 

I did exactly that four years ago and for the same reason, as I had never shot over pointers. Highly recommended experience, DO IT!

Have flown on that moor,,very famous in the falconry world,,,I seem to remember,the actor,,,Robertson Justice,,,used to take a team of peregrines/pointers every season...

Yes Llyod Lemon and white is correct though the lemons do carry a reccesive gene where,some have an under shot lower jaw...Yes Morkin English Pointer,,,,best one Ive ever had,,,clever and a great nose,