Is Beaters Day Looking Doubtful ?

marsh man

With another nearly 700 deaths recorded today and numbers are now rising in areas that are already in the higher tiers , can you see the game season carrying on till the end of January ? , I wouldn't be surprised if we are all in a full lockdown by mid January and the season will be all over for another year , fingers crossed I am wrong but by going by the daily figures , it ain't looking very good .

I think with Christmas there will be a bigger spike so guess we could be back to a lockdown through January ! But hopefully with the vaccines being rolled out things will be on the up from February, I hope ! Got a couple of sim days booked for jan / feb not looking good one has been from last Christmas, pressie from the missus , must have been rebooked and cancelled four times so far , anyway hope everyone can stay healthy and safe , merry Christmas all 

26 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Full lock down here in wales no shooting sod all. For 3 weeks and maybe 6. Season over. To top it off the supermarkets are jam packed wall to wall with idiots. What a shambles 

At the moment we are in tier two and the shoots are cramming in as many as possible , now there is talk of going into tier four next time round as our hospitals are filling up now and have more people in than the lockdown in the Spring , worrying times ahead .

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2020 at 20:00, marsh man said:

With another nearly 700 deaths recorded today and numbers are now rising in areas that are already in the higher tiers , can you see the game season carrying on till the end of January ? , I wouldn't be surprised if we are all in a full lockdown by mid January and the season will be all over for another year , fingers crossed I am wrong but by going by the daily figures , it ain't looking very good .

Your predictions were right, the two pheasant syndicates I go to are up the Swani because I can't see us coming out of tier 4 in this area before the end of the season. The daft thing is Sheffield just up the road from us has been left in tier 3 and Meadowhall is still open and they have more cases per 100,000 than us.

5 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Your predictions were right, the two pheasant syndicates I go to are up the Swani because I can't see us coming out of tier 4 in this area before the end of the season. The daft thing is Sheffield just up the road from us has been left in tier 3 and Meadowhall is still open and they have more cases per 100,000 than us.

We didn't know at the time when we had our last shoot the Friday before Christmas that it would be the last one this season , we were then in Tier two so we thought even if we went up a tier we would get the early ones in January sorted out , and ironically the early ones were previous cancelled shoots , my last memory was taking three cock birds up to the game larder as I had a fair bit of time to look for any runners because we only had to do one drive after lunch as the bag was nearly there by dinner , a lovely day had by all , sadly that is it for this nightmare season .