Bio Ammo

flippermaj

I bought a slab of BIO 32g 3’s last Sept. I pattern tested a couple and kept cases which I put into tumblers of water one of which I added salt to. They are still there. Have come to the conclusion the case is plastic. The “brass” will be gone first. I think there was an article in the ST back in the summer which said or suggested the cases were biodegradable like the wad.

The pattern test through half choke at 40 yds looked like it would be good load for duck but due to a bout of illness and Covid I have not bagged anything with them

I like to leave as little plastic on the fore shore as possible, that's why Iike to find the empties.  

If you look at it logically there is not a great deal of sense to my quest to find the empties as unless I am using a cart with a bio degradable wad then I am leaving a 3 inch plastic wad on the shore anyway so what real difference is it if i leave the case as well.

The other silly point is that even if I do find them or take them home if using a non ejector, all I do is put them in the bin and they then go to land fill.  If I had "lost" them on the shore then effectively all they are doing is going to landfill in a different place!   So maybe my desire to find the empties is somewhat miss guided?

On 22/12/2020 at 20:59, flippermaj said:

Has anyone used the Bio Ammo 34grm No 3  steel cartridges?  Thinking I may give them a try on geese with the auto as it doesn't matter so much if I can't find the empties.

It always wise to pick up empty cartridges no matter what type you’re using Lazy shooting not too