Boxing Day Shoot 26th Dec 2020 still going ahead. Bookings being taken

m0bjt

Hi All 

Just called in to say that our shoot on Boxing Day is still going ahead despite the recent Government announcements . We have over £1000 worth of prizes to be 

won, so don't hesitate book yourself in by going to our website at the address below or contact Mr Kevin Davison on 07929108619

Further details please see the attached poster or contact us via our website and Facebook pages.  Online bookings are via our website at www.ddcpsc.org.uk

contact Information enquiry@ddcpsc.org.uk 

Cheers 

Kevin 

boxing day shoot 2020 in progress.jpg

40 minutes ago, Jasonk said:

In tier 4 you cannot open as all non essential activities have to cease go to government website to see what the rules are.

May I suggest you take your own advice.

This is taken from the .gov website on Tier 4 businesses allowed to remain open, I've crudely ringed the relevant part.

1302233976_Screenshot_20201224-092414_SamsungInternet.jpg.bb649c9d64c1e6904f37e40b639d2c46.jpg

Edited by Newbie to this

Only an hour from me🤔

I've lost track of this tier thing anyway. I go to my local straw baler, local chemist and my perm. I call into a fuel station once a month, apart from that don't go out. 

I'd say I need to get out more but can you say that now with all this covid and PC and woke and all the other BS?

I take the point that shooting grounds can stay open but if you can only meet one other person outside from a different household and travel only for essential reasons it starts to get a bit tricky continuing on. This is only my opinion it's how you look at it on a personal level.

13 minutes ago, Jasonk said:

I take the point that shooting grounds can stay open but if you can only meet one other person outside from a different household and travel only for essential reasons it starts to get a bit tricky continuing on. This is only my opinion it's how you look at it on a personal level.

Again it is all there if you read it.

Attending outdoor sports facilities is allowed, no interpretation needed, you just need to adhere to the rules of Tier 4, as I have mentioned before.

20201224_121520.jpg.c081aaeb6a31cd113eb7d1d9ba77b7a1.jpg

Edited by Newbie to this

It's crazy that the government feel the need to bring in a new tier, yet still are allowing recreational activities.

It stinks of those making the rules trying to keep their lifestyle as normal as possible, and ****** anyone else.

I think the shooting community needs to self regulate this before it becomes a negative PR issue with our sport. I'm amazed DDPCSC are still running this event. No pun intended, but they could be shooting themselves in the foot by not postponing.

I tend to agree with leeds Z, it has now got to a stage where those making the decisions .... not necessarily elected representatives either.... are now between a rock and a hard place and have some weird attitude that all this must be continued or their futures are at risk.  Let's face it , how convoluted is that list of things you can do.... almost normality for the majority.    I only live in a very small community but more than half of those walk around with a vacant stare on their faces, scared out of their wits when there is probably more chance of someone mounting the pavement and killing them.  One wonders how long this fiasco will go on before we get back to normal life and the country can re build itself.

Then you have the 'must haves'. I see in the news this morning, hundreds stood in line overnight outside stores waiting for the Bank Holiday Sales. Pathetic.