Jump to content

Reclaiming the Reds


Recommended Posts

Reclaiming the Reds 
There is an interesting project getting underway centred at Knowsley Safari Park to Reclaim Reds. In 2021 there will be a need for volunteers to join the project.
Anyone who is interesting in offering their time to the project are invited to contact the project by email at
 reclaimingreds@knowsley.com

Volunteers will be required to partake in the Trap Loan Scheme, where live catch traps are given to people who want to remove Greys from their land, but don’t want to actually dispatch grey squirrels themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eddie B said:

The trap loan thing is a good idea  Another good idea would be a workshop type day, to show people how best to set up traps for best results. I take it, those who don't have their own traps, don't know much about trapping.

When the traps are delivered to the homeowners they will be trained in the use of them.

10 hours ago, Eddie B said:

The trap loan thing is a good idea  Another good idea would be a workshop type day, to show people how best to set up traps for best results. I take it, those who don't have their own traps, don't know much about trapping.

Are you interested and in the area?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

When the traps are delivered to the homeowners they will be trained in the use of them.

Are you interested and in the area?

No not in the area. We have mostly reds around here. I did see one grey a few years back. Only for that, I would have thought there was only reds in these parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eddie B said:

No not in the area. We have mostly reds around here. I did see one grey a few years back. Only for that, I would have thought there was only reds in these parts.

We have Reds in various places around here and of course on the Sefton coastline, where are you Eddie?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in Ireland lad. Reds doing well in some parts of the country, and reappearing in other parts. The cities is the main problem, with huge numbers of greys. Pine Marten seem to be doing a job on the greys, since their numbers have exploded. That has both positive and negative effects obviously.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...