The Aldi/Lidl 'Fun aisle' Pass or Fail thread (vaguely shooting related!)

udderlyoffroad

Stole this idea from another forum, but the idea here is to post the interesting shooting-related gear or tools that come up occasionally in the centre aisle of the 2 German supermarkets, and rate its suitability  with a simple pass/fail.

For those who aren't aware, the idea of these 'centre aisle' offers is lure people into the shop who ordinarily aren't all that interested in the weekly shop, i.e. men, with strictly time-limited runs of various products.  So, if you see something you like the look of, don't hang about.  The staff in these shops pet hate is grumpy customers asking for something that was on offer weeks ago...

Anyway, i'll start

Lidl: 'Brio' roof bars, £25.  Pass

Jk_fpIwB5bah9dv3nNeiSpQiwSHpKpd2UgkqvaCU-_gxLex1gx9a0CvfZJSTYZLy_VV1jNG10jzJEmq5iVWvvbYj0BTTqx3N5D5ILpNJEx6VQvDoHBYELpVMSHjWNWJKil5mVDEbPDG5sk1DHUCEhKZ71Jo3infs4ozX39FmRIIfIFStdf5oIJSymNKTZSE3vShlF-U7EgcC8orxCfIpbbnh7K64vVRLbYWI7NTommSGGKZm2NYQYEcyfB5_216wu3vedxaC1X7wIVLi51cu8lFvx7y8mfk6C9OhLzQX8B_ItPEeuz1A_YCJCGCVBkTGB5nPPMRs68ebwWQbPn6nsGFbVYKIaCf-Cb8HuQCrLzKtLo9EDaoC74Yx4BQHXyGASHFM6VIvPlx2lnYtYSDlzPQvy4ABB-zLORxxfqno2lWAt7WZ4VlkoAZYyDStZsDGCuIdvqWEZjvtm2BlqMZLCFXw-Ad-tDavGnQSQ2WQDEBWsFTopTUNIEAKZwfGqkD2sgCW1WbL11OAI5rBio_CdHzTxsTpK8dx20J1WmJr-EaC2fmtKE6U-gTY6d4jsHEsv7gym1JGT4PNckkoK52HeAZRSj9fNDqKDMWwSFoOfI_n5l9fd_riNlrst5O0T-3VMIPbGcZpir72Hom00AUMq-F3AaQxqtGmxnCVHj1PoI8GyHK95UyLesrrxdqnEQ=w1222-h916-no?authuser=0

Although it doesn't say so on the box, these fit the roof bars of my truckman top on the back of my L200 Pickup, and mean I can carry a step ladder or some lengths of CLS.  The only downfall isn't actually the fault of the bars themselves, but rather the rails are so short that really the bars end up being too close together for all but the lightest of loads.  And yes, I too thought Brio made wooden toy trains.

Lidl Parkside 12v Drill, £15 (I think): Pass

Picture 1 of 3

It's not heavy duty, but it's nice and compact and the battery seems to go on for ages.  Used it for repairing feeders and small enough to live in the general toolbox.  Won't replace my Makita twin set, but it gets used a surprising amount.

These fishing bib and brace for £25.  Huge pass. They are brilliant. I'm wearing them for work (I'm a shepherd). They keep you nice and warm in any weather (you do get very hot in them when it's warm!) and dry in very wet weather.

The closest thing I can find to compare is a Dickies padded/waterproof boilersuit/overall and they are about £80... Screenshot_20201224-174409.png.548d19bf7ca31963a8c208e731f091ce.png

Just keep an eye out for when they're next back in store

20 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

These fishing bib and brace for £25.  Huge pass. They are brilliant. I'm wearing them for work (I'm a shepherd). They keep you nice and warm in any weather (you do get very hot in them when it's warm!) and dry in very wet weather.

The closest thing I can find to compare is a Dickies padded/waterproof boilersuit/overall and they are about £80... Screenshot_20201224-174409.png.548d19bf7ca31963a8c208e731f091ce.png

Just keep an eye out for when they're next back in store

Spot on these always have a spare new pair on the shelf .get cold easy so a must have when out foxing.