Shooting in covid 4 areas ???

collectors

Have to agree with 243deer before the 1mtr plus face mask the supermarkets were limiting the number of customers in the shop to maintain the 2mtr social distancing, now they do not limit numbers and lots are ignoring the face mask rule, ignoring any one way system and ignoring the 1mtr rule. Any large clay ground using the claymate system, sanitiser and only allowing groups of two is far safer than half an hour or longer in a supermarket.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you make clay shooting safe then it is safe, I go with my son we both shoot in gloves anyway he plugs in the dongle and fires my clays, he shoots on the delay. I go in my own car don’t touch anything but sanitiser anyway. No risk at all for me. I don’t even go near the club house.

1 hour ago, DUNKS said:

I think if you make clay shooting safe then it is safe, I go with my son we both shoot in gloves anyway he plugs in the dongle and fires my clays, he shoots on the delay. I go in my own car don’t touch anything but sanitiser anyway. No risk at all for me. I don’t even go near the club house.

Elements of that sound so wrong!:lol:

8 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Had a nice round out with my father today .... groups of 2, plenty of sanitiser, low volume of people, felt very safe.

If I hadn't have gone, I don't think I'd have seen him ... not quite the same parked on his drive !

Was that EoE? Been thinking of going for a round

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

Just received a call from our ‘keeper. He and another syndicate member had a walk around syndicate shoot yesterday, so mate and me are going for a wander around tomorrow.
This is the only way we can do it for now, so another two will go on Monday. 

Is that for protection/pest control or to shoot game?

On 25/12/2020 at 12:39, Walker570 said:

How many people died from heart attack, cancer, road accidents, other accidents etc etc etc this last week. The clever clogs down at No10 is not including this nor is he including the 'false' reports of covid death, like dying of something totally different in the 28 days since a test.  All inflated to frighten the living doo daars out of people because they are scared stiff that their inadequate NHS will not be able to cope.

This. To the letter. +1. Johnson owns it but is as ever spaffing and blathering to divert attention from that very fact.

17 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Had a nice round out with my father today .... groups of 2, plenty of sanitiser, low volume of people, felt very safe.

If I hadn't have gone, I don't think I'd have seen him ... not quite the same parked on his drive !

17 hours ago, Big Mat said:

Was that EoE? Been thinking of going for a round

13 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Yep ... open both days this weekend 👍

We are off to Sporting Targets tomorrow for some essential exercise.:cool1:

42 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

My local clay ground is open Sundays as usual, and as usual I'll be there early before the crowds arrive. It seems people like to queue rather than get out of bed 10 mins earlier. I think we're all 3, I find it so confusing.

Sporting Targets have a booking system, that way they spread the shooters out across the day.

1 hour ago, goo1 said:

My local ground has a booking system also accepts walk ins end up with cueing 

Which ground is that?

10 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

We shot at AGL on Wednesday, booked a time, no queues, sanitizer at every stand.

Apart from when we arrived I don't think we came within 60 feet of anyone else.

Far safer than being in a supermarket or at work.

Yes that is the way to do things safely.

How is clay shooting or any outdoor shooting riskier than going into a supermarket?

No-one sanitises the can of beans or packets that everyone touches to check the dates before putting back on the shelf!

Transmission in the fresh air is very very low, so perfectly safe compared with lots of activities that are continuing!

1 hour ago, Perazzishot said:

How is clay shooting or any outdoor shooting riskier than going into a supermarket?

No-one sanitises the can of beans or packets that everyone touches to check the dates before putting back on the shelf!

Transmission in the fresh air is very very low, so perfectly safe compared with lots of activities that are continuing!

Agreed. Surely it is a case of balancing risk and having a life! You can reduce the risk even more by wearing gloves etc! Biggest risk I take is getting the shopping in!

Some of us aren't hand wringing whimps, we are protecting loved ones who are extremely immuno compromised. 

The difference between a supermarket and a clay ground is you're in the same groups on the clay ground but you can get around a supermarket without spending more than a few seconds near the same person. Even the app only kicked in after 15 mins contact didn't it?

I saw a bloke without a mask in a supermarket the other day and thought that's odd. As that's the first one I'd seen. All I can get from that is people here are being better behaved than elsewhere.

I haven't shot clays since March last year and its my favorite pastime. I've managed a bit of rough shooting around the farm but out of courtesy to the shoots I stop that when the birds arrive.

I hope all those that think cv19 is a hoax will be volunteering at their local hospitals, mortuary or care homes to do some cleaning work, patient moving and scrubbing the covid wards down and not be asking for ppe, cos you know its fake so you won't need any ppe.

Or would you prefer the China style lockdown where the army were on the streets and private individuals are getting ****** all support.

I’m not sure anyone is claiming it’s a hoax, not on the forum anyhow, as far as I know, nor belittling those who take it much more seriously than others. 
I take it seriously, but still have a life to live, so I use my common sense to do both. That’s all it is, whether going shooting or to the supermarket. 
I’m not one of those people who refuses to put something back in the shelf for whatever reason; I’ve sanitised my hands prior to going into the shop, so why would I buy something I decide I don’t want? I apply the same logic and common sense to shooting and work. 
Ive been shooting today with a mate; the guidance doesn’t say we can’t. Each to their own. 

1 hour ago, manthing said:

Some of us aren't hand wringing whimps, we are protecting loved ones who are extremely immuno compromised. 

The difference between a supermarket and a clay ground is you're in the same groups on the clay ground but you can get around a supermarket without spending more than a few seconds near the same person. Even the app only kicked in after 15 mins contact didn't it?

I saw a bloke without a mask in a supermarket the other day and thought that's odd. As that's the first one I'd seen. All I can get from that is people here are being better behaved than elsewhere.

I haven't shot clays since March last year and its my favorite pastime. I've managed a bit of rough shooting around the farm but out of courtesy to the shoots I stop that when the birds arrive.

I hope all those that think cv19 is a hoax will be volunteering at their local hospitals, mortuary or care homes to do some cleaning work, patient moving and scrubbing the covid wards down and not be asking for ppe, cos you know its fake so you won't need any ppe.

Or would you prefer the China style lockdown where the army were on the streets and private individuals are getting ****** all support.

Manthing do you not remember when we were told the virus could remain on hard surfaces for 72 hours. 

We went almost 4 months without wearing a mask everywhere we went! The cases were coming down.

Once we were told to start wearing masks the cases started going back up?

Because face coverings we are wearing are useless, but they are causing a concentration of the virus at the inhalation and exhalation point, and we are touching them all the time then touching everything with our hands.