Shooting in covid 4 areas ???

collectors

12 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

How is clay shooting or any outdoor shooting riskier than going into a supermarket?

It is not. But food is essential and clay shooting isn’t. That’s not to say I think it’s at all right but if you squint a bit and tilt your head to the side you can sort of make out the logic. 

Edited by WalkedUp

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not suggesting that all clay grounds are the same but I decided to go to my local ground today. I live in a tier 4 area and my local ground is only 10 minutes away and as I haven't shot since March and thought it would be a nice experience.

How wrong I was was!

I looked on the website and it said "by appointment only" so I thought everything would be fine. I gave them a call and they confirmed that it was by appointment only and that it was now "covid friendly" (I assumed that this meant that everyone would be socially distanced at least) so I booked for 10:00am.

When I arrived there was one bottle of hand sanitizer (good job I took my own) at the entrance and no other signage. There were more people than I expected (3 and 4 people in each group) and no social distancing at all.

I was the only one there with a mask and I also had a pair of latex gloves on. When I registered the owner (who had a mask on his head) made a joke about my mask and gloves - "are you expecting a panmdemic?" he asked.

As was on my own I shot my 50 pre booked clays on the two furthest stands and left. As I left there were more people arriving. I had expected that as we booked a 15 minute timeslot there would only be a 1 person/family group per stand.

It was a disgrace and no wonder this virus is spreading and I am sorry I went in the first place. It just confirms how stupid the general public (and that includes me in this case) are

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Thank fully things were far better at Sporting Targets today, although a lot of people did group up which slowed everything down and if they had all stayed in pairs it would have been more appropriate.

Doesn't sound very well organised, I take it no one from Sporting Targets was on hand to keep things in check? 

58 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

Doesn't sound very well organised, I take it no one from Sporting Targets was on hand to keep things in check? 

All we saw was the lady in the office taking entries and payment and the shop was selling cartridges and click and collect too.

13 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

All we saw was the lady in the office taking entries and payment and the shop was selling cartridges and click and collect too.

Hopefully you still had a good day, it's bad enough being held up in normal circumstances even worse when you shouldn't of been held up in the first place. :good:

8 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Hopefully you still had a good day, it's bad enough being held up in normal circumstances even worse when you shouldn't of been held up in the first place. :good:

Yes thanks a cracking day, we just worked round the larger groups!:good:

Funniest part of the day was arriving early and parking near the shop, my Mate went to buy some glasses.

The moaning from the 6 guys waiting to purchase cartridges was interesting to say the least. "someone can't make up his mind!" :rolleyes:

When you consider he was getting a set of Pilla Outlaws, perhaps those chaps who buy their cartridges each time they go might reflect on a shop concentrating on a discerning customer.:w00t:

There’s isn’t half some moaning minnies on here! We can still shoot and some still aren’t happy! 😃

We can still shoot! Why some are bothering to do so I don’t know!! 
The responsibility for your health and safety starts and ends with YOU! Yes, shooting grounds have a responsibility too, but has it not occurred to folk to take their own sanitiser? I’m assuming you all have masks so why not sanitiser? Then, if getting to the ground there is none, you can use your own! Just a thought. 😀

Secondly, if on getting there you’re not keen on the way things look, then get back in your vehicle and GO HOME!  Hardly rocket science. No one is forcing you to go and no one is forcing you to stay! 

When we shot last weekend, the bloke taking entries and handing out cards wasn’t wearing a mask, so believe it or not.....I put mine on! 😳😷
When the stands got a bit crowded as they can for multiple reasons, we moved on to another. 
My biggest concern was what effect the alcohol in the sanitiser would have on my gun stock. 

My ground closed yesterday for snow and fog, so no shooting. I have no problems with crowds or sanitising. I just get there while they're setting up, pay up and generally have shot up by the time the next customers arrive. Often back home on a Sunday morning before 1030.

I went to my perm and shot rats instead, so I'm still getting out.

Apparently my perm is tier 4 but I'm in 3, allowed to shoot though on grounds of crop/vermin control.

See what appertains next Sunday.

Unfortunately I can't shoot today, the Meniere's is too bad for me to be safe.

On 02/01/2021 at 22:29, Perazzishot said:

Manthing do you not remember when we were told the virus could remain on hard surfaces for 72 hours. 

We went almost 4 months without wearing a mask everywhere we went! The cases were coming down.

Once we were told to start wearing masks the cases started going back up?

Because face coverings we are wearing are useless, but they are causing a concentration of the virus at the inhalation and exhalation point, and we are touching them all the time then touching everything with our hands.

I personally think this was more to do with kids going back to school, spreading it around themselves and then taking it home whilst showing no symptoms. 

My neighbours kids have been into isolation at least 4 times due to school.