Pleased to get Bojo's email.

Dave-G

I’m proud to officially announce that we’ve concluded our negotiations with the EU and secured a great deal which guarantees our sovereignty.

As promised, we have taken back control of our laws, borders, money, trade and fisheries and ended any role for the European Court.

Meaning that on 1st January Britain will be a fully independent nation again.

This deal fully delivers on what the British public voted for in the referendum and in last year’s General Election, with:

No role for the European Court of Justice and no requirement to follow EU law

A zero tariff and zero quota arrangement

Recognition of the UK’s sovereignty over our fishing waters

sorry about the coffee stains - its my go to mug currently in use.

Britain outside the Single Market and Customs Union

Co-operation on law enforcement and emerging security challenges

Protections for the UK’s internal market and Northern Ireland's place within it

And this deal will allow us to make 2021 the year we show what Global Britain means to the rest of the world: striking trade deals with new markets, reasserting ourselves as a liberal and free trading nation; and acting as a force for good in the world. 

So David, I hope you’ll support me in welcoming this historic agreement as we enter a proud new chapter in our history.

Thank you for everything you have done to support our Party, your backing is how Britain has been able to reclaim its sovereignty today.

His photo within the email didn't come with the copy and paste - but I was pleased to see he credited the conservative party in the announcement.

DSCF1170.JPG

Edited by Dave-G

15 minutes ago, vpk999 said:

About time too. I just hope Wee Jimmy swallows her pride and calls Boris up to congratulate him on a job well done.

that brings me back to a question frequently asked..............

"when scotland leaves the union....will they settle up their part of the national debt  "

anyone answer that for me please

41 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Just don't try and bring your dog to this part of the UK without the proper paper work.   Brexit: pets will need papers for travel to EU and Northern Ireland. From 1 January, pet owners must apply for a health certificate from vets. 

Basic common sense travelling with any animal I would have thought.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Basic common sense travelling with any animal I would have thought.

So you would be OK with needing to apply for a health certificate from vets, to move your dog between England Scotland and Wales :hmm:The point is not all the UK left the EU on he same terms. 

Edited by ordnance

33 minutes ago, ordnance said:

So you would be OK with needing to apply for a health certificate from vets, to move your dog between England Scotland and Wales The point is not all the UK left the EU on he same terms. 

I don’t understand. There is currently no need for any certificate for your dog to travel between England, Scotland or Wales, that I know of. 

28 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don’t understand. There is currently no need for any certificate for your dog to travel between England, Scotland or Wales, that I know of. 

And their won't be, its just to N/I. 

From 1st January 2021, dogs travelling from Great Britain to Northern Ireland will require a microchip, a valid rabies vaccine (at least 21 days before travel), worming treatment (done by a vet, between 24 hours and 5 days of travel) and an animal health certificate (within 10 days of travel.

The protocol does that by keeping Northern Ireland in the EU's single market for goods and by having Northern Ireland apply EU customs rules at its ports. That means goods arriving from Great Britain will be checked and controlled at Northern Ireland's ports from 1 January.

Edited by ordnance

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

So you would be OK with needing to apply for a health certificate from vets, to move your dog between England Scotland and Wales :hmm:The point is not all the UK left the EU on he same terms. 

As a matter of fact you are connected to Southern Ireland who are still part of the EU, I think I am correct in thinking the EU has rabies in some parts, we don’t need rabied animals coming into the mainland do we.

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

And their won't be, its just to N/I. 

From 1st January 2021, dogs travelling from Great Britain to Northern Ireland will require a microchip, a valid rabies vaccine (at least 21 days before travel), worming treatment (done by a vet, between 24 hours and 5 days of travel) and an animal health certificate (within 10 days of travel.

The protocol does that by keeping Northern Ireland in the EU's single market for goods and by having Northern Ireland apply EU customs rules at its ports. That means goods arriving from Great Britain will be checked and controlled at Northern Ireland's ports from 1 January.

Thanks, that’s fine. I can’t think of any reason I’d take my dog to NI. 👍

10 hours ago, ordnance said:

So you would be OK with needing to apply for a health certificate from vets, to move your dog between England Scotland and Wales The point is not all the UK left the EU on he same terms. 

Id take a punt of it being due to the potential of going south and into the EU. So just easier to say get the docs if going over the water. 

38 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Why would i know better that Churchill he tried his best to get them involved because he knew we would have lost without them 

It could have being over before the yanks arrived, N/I was crucial in the battle of the Atlantic.

When the official surrender of the German U-boat fleet took place on May 15 1945, the Commander-in-Chief of Western Approaches, Admiral Max Horton, insisted that it took place at Lisahally Londonderry in recognition of its pivotal significance during the Battle of the Atlantic.

hqdefault.jpg

36 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I think it was the Russians as much as the yanks. They fought an entire front on their own for 2 years dividing his forces. Yanks or not without them we would have been in trouble. 

Hitler decided to attack Russia because we was an island and not going anywhere if he had kept up the battle of the sky unbeknown to him we was at his mercy then Japan attack America so Hitler declared war on America which then gave Roosevelt the chance he wanted to go to war as the people of America didn't want to get involved after that we had all the support of the yanks then Hitler sent in the wolf packs as he  like to call them which is why we won the battle of the Atlantic which in fact  was down to the yanks 

50 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Hitler decided to attack Russia because we was an island and not going anywhere if he had kept up the battle of the sky unbeknown to him we was at his mercy then Japan attack America so Hitler declared war on America which then gave Roosevelt the chance he wanted to go to war as the people of America didn't want to get involved after that we had all the support of the yanks then Hitler sent in the wolf packs as he  like to call them which is why we won the battle of the Atlantic which in fact  was down to the yanks 

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

I think it was the Russians as much as the yanks. They fought an entire front on their own for 2 years dividing his forces. Yanks or not without them we would have been in trouble. 

I agree with Ginger Cat. The Americans and lots of other countries certainly helped but the part the Russians played in WW2 is vastly covered up and removed from history which is scandalous. It was most probably because our government wanted to paint Russia and communism in a bad light following the war. For anyone questioning the part Russia played take a look at the total military deaths by country during WW2. It might open your eyes!! 

The Americans weren't bothered about old Adolf declaring war on them in the slightest, they saw an opportunity to make the best business deal in their history. The Russian involvement was far more crucial especially after the Germans were being driven back and into defeat on the eastern front. As for the Atlantic battles the Americans had to protect the convoys mainly because if it didn't get landed here we didn't have to pay for it so they would lose out big time financially. And just a few years before mcarthur  came up with a plan to invade the UK called, war code red, have a read it is on the net, this involved strangling supplies and goods to us from Commonwealth countries to bring us to our knees. This plan as never been fully rescinded by our so called American friends.

S