Pleased to get Bojo's email.

Dave-G

14 hours ago, ordnance said:

So you would be OK with needing to apply for a health certificate from vets, to move your dog between England Scotland and Wales The point is not all the UK left the EU on he same terms. 

Yep, not a problem. Could be done once a year. Small change in the total money and responsability of owning a dog/s

Glad to see the rules on puppies from Ireland, North and South. Everyone seems to be thinking about this in terms of the inconvenience to humans whereas the dogs welfare should be first priority. If it slows down the abuse from non-reputable puppy farms then this should be applauded. I am sure that reputable breeders will find what is needed mostly in their usual modus operandi.

The 'deal' should have been done a year after the vote. As usual politicians have managed to spin it out for 3 years with their noses in the Brussels trough. A disgrace really as we are now having to cope with new requirements and covid combined. 

Just now, 243deer said:

Glad to see the rules on puppies from Ireland, North and South. Everyone seems to be thinking about this in terms of the inconvenience to humans whereas the dogs welfare should be first priority. If it slows down the abuse from non-reputable puppy farms then this should be applauded. I am sure that reputable breeders will find what is needed mostly in their usual modus operandi.

The 'deal' should have been done a year after the vote. As usual politicians have managed to spin it out for 3 years with their noses in the Brussels trough. A disgrace really as we are now having to cope with new requirements and covid combined. 

Exactly.

3 hours ago, GingerCat said:

I think it was the Russians as much as the yanks. They fought an entire front on their own for 2 years dividing his forces. Yanks or not without them we would have been in trouble. 

Three entities effectively "won" WWII. The British Merchant Navy (and Royal Navy) by ensuring that Britain wasn't starved into submission, the Red Army who pretty ground down the German Army and the United States Army Air Force who brought (at terrible cost themselves) the Luftwaffe up to fight and by destroying it gave the allies air superiority by 1944. But in truth in 1940 Hitler had "lost" the war (in so much as he couldn't invade the British Isles) in 1940 and his failure to destroy the Royal Air Force making any success of an invasion impossible.

Edited by enfieldspares

49 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

The devil will be in the detail as always - the 1500 page document that we are yet to see.

It reads as though the UK will do the Brexit job at 11pm on the the 31st of December and almost nothing will change - goods will flow across borders tariff free just as they have in the past, healthcare will be available in the EU for us and for EU citizens in the UK.   Business travel into EU rather than unlimited will be 90  days in any 180 day period.  UK gets to set it's own laws and regs.

I can see why Bojo was so upbeat about and the EU's Barnier and Co rather less so

51 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, not a problem. Could be done once a year. Small change in the total money and responsability of owning a dog/s

If you are OK with having to go trough a border check with EU officials before you could take your dog across a UK border or even a field straddling a border fine, i am sure plenty would have a issue with it. 

1 minute ago, ordnance said:

If you are OK with having to go trough a border check with EU officials before you could take your dog across a UK border or even a field straddling a border fine, i am sure plenty would have a issue with it. 

Hardly the biggest issue facing us though is it? A little perspective is needed in this thread.:w00t:

There are BMW engineers travelling to the UK (to the Rolls & Mini plants) on Mondays and going back on Thursdays each week so they will use up their 90 day exemption then will have to stay away for 180 days? This will heap up the visa application poo storm workload in Whitehall. And it cuts both of course ways for business travel, all the UK firms shipping workers out to the EU. Not sure what it will mean for the UK nationality truck drivers who are every week traversing the EU.

IIRC long before we were conned into joining the Common Market, travel in and out of Europe was trouble free. At the age of 15 (We were virtually adults at 14 back then) I went hiking in Belgium, Luxembourg and France and all I needed was a temporary passport. 7/6 from the Post Office. Even in the 80s business took me to Italy, Germany France, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, USA and The Netherlands. Only the USA wanted a visa.

33 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

There are BMW engineers travelling to the UK (to the Rolls & Mini plants) on Mondays and going back on Thursdays each week so they will use up their 90 day exemption then will have to stay away for 180 days? This will heap up the visa application poo storm workload in Whitehall. And it cuts both of course ways for business travel, all the UK firms shipping workers out to the EU. Not sure what it will mean for the UK nationality truck drivers who are every week traversing the EU.

Same issue with those owning a boat in the med having ro take it out of the eu. Also vat paid boats returning to uk being requiref to pay vat again.

I am hoping there will be some exemptions for these things which are basically stupid. Its early days and no doubt these early wrinkles can be overcome. All helps for better integration. 😉

53 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Hardly the biggest issue facing us though is it? A little perspective is needed in this thread.

I thought one of the reasons for leaving was to get EU rules and official's out of the UK. 

Northern Ireland will remain aligned to the EU’s single market and goods arriving in Northern Ireland will be subject to EU customs rules.

Edited by ordnance

19 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I’m proud to officially announce that we’ve concluded our negotiations with the EU and secured a great deal which guarantees our sovereignty.

As promised, we have taken back control of our laws, borders, money, trade and fisheries and ended any role for the European Court.

Meaning that on 1st January Britain will be a fully independent nation again.

This deal fully delivers on what the British public voted for in the referendum and in last year’s General Election, with:

No role for the European Court of Justice and no requirement to follow EU law

A zero tariff and zero quota arrangement

Recognition of the UK’s sovereignty over our fishing waters

sorry about the coffee stains - its my go to mug currently in use.

Britain outside the Single Market and Customs Union

Co-operation on law enforcement and emerging security challenges

Protections for the UK’s internal market and Northern Ireland's place within it

And this deal will allow us to make 2021 the year we show what Global Britain means to the rest of the world: striking trade deals with new markets, reasserting ourselves as a liberal and free trading nation; and acting as a force for good in the world. 

So David, I hope you’ll support me in welcoming this historic agreement as we enter a proud new chapter in our history.

Thank you for everything you have done to support our Party, your backing is how Britain has been able to reclaim its sovereignty today.

His photo within the email didn't come with the copy and paste - but I was pleased to see he credited the conservative party in the announcement.

DSCF1170.JPG

Yes spot we are different from the rest of the eu.