Boxing Day Hunt On TV

marsh man

I watched the news last night and it wasn't very good for those who would like to see Fox hunting brought back , and for the majority who was watching it , according to the farms owner the dogs chased the Fox into the farm buildings and the Huntsman encouraged the dogs to kill the Fox and afterwards chucked the dead animal to the pack of hounds . did you see it , and if you did what is your opinion ??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn’t see that but I know one of three hunts here took a fox recently as its screams could be heard. 

I know some think we should all stand together as fieldsports, but I fundamentally disagree with fox hunting. Everything else we do minimises suffering and is quick and therefore not stressful (exceptions obviously with misplaced shots) but chasing a fox for however long before allowing it to be killed in such a savage way really isn’t on in my view. 

Edited by oscarsdad

Dont know what it is with Fox hunters, either they really are as thick as they come or they are that far up their own orifice they think they are all above the law, and we all know its the latter !!! Things like this make me think they should arrest the lot and throw away they key. 

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

I watched the news last night and it wasn't very good for those who would like to see Fox hunting brought back , and for the majority who was watching it , according to the farms owner the dogs chased the Fox into the farm buildings and the Huntsman encouraged the dogs to kill the Fox and afterwards chucked the dead animal to the pack of hounds . did you see it , and if you did what is your opinion ??

i watched it on the the news . they didnt exactly cover themselves in glory :no:

40 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Dont know what it is with Fox hunters, either they really are as thick as they come or they are that far up their own orifice they think they are all above the law, and we all know its the latter !!! Things like this make me think they should arrest the lot and throw away they key. 

im a strong supporter of fox hunting , but , many fox hunters seem to do their best to attract the wrong kind of attention , and are determined to make sure that itll eventually get stopped in all its forms(much the same as some participants in other fieldsports).

6 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

i watched it on the the news . they didnt exactly cover themselves in glory :no:

im a strong supporter of fox hunting , but , many fox hunters seem to do their best to attract the wrong kind of attention , and are determined to make sure that itll eventually get stopped in all its forms(much the same as some participants in other fieldsports).

An aunt of mine had a run in with a local hunt here in county down, their hounds had strayed onto one of the landowners fields of sheep where they had no permission and she tried to warn them that their hounds were going to be shot, only to be told by one of the huntsmen to eff off.

She shrugged and walked away and heard him saying something about "bloody commoners"..... this man just happens to be a judge, what does it say about society when a judge thinks it's ok for him to break the law but not you? Sadly for them they went home a few hounds lighter.

These hunts just cannot see that they are their own worst enemy, hence why the anti's are now coming after hunting in northern ireland now.

1 minute ago, Rob85 said:

An aunt of mine had a run in with a local hunt here in county down, their hounds had strayed onto one of the landowners fields of sheep where they had no permission and she tried to warn them that their hounds were going to be shot, only to be told by one of the huntsmen to eff off.

She shrugged and walked away and heard him saying something about "bloody commoners"..... this man just happens to be a judge, what does it say about society when a judge thinks it's ok for him to break the law but not you? Sadly for them they went home a few hounds lighter.

These hunts just cannot see that they are their own worst enemy, hence why the anti's are now coming after hunting in northern ireland now.

And yet when the chips were down they wanted us to march through London to help their cause.:w00t:

1 hour ago, Mr gen said:

Didn't see it. what channel was it on as I could find it on catch up? No Boxing day meet here as wales is in lockdown. cant ever remember there not being a meet.  

Not really sure Mr gen , it would have been after nine pm as it wouldn't look good if youngsters had been watching it ,

PS   I have just noticed Mel b3 watched it , so maybe he can remember what channel it was on .

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And yet when the chips were down they wanted us to march through London to help their cause.

Thing is they can't see that it's already over, there is more chance of Satan turning the heating down than hunting coming back.

It's on the way to being banned over here too, even though one of the hunts in North Down have come out and admitted they haven't even caught a fox in 10 years!

Even though the local rags are completely misleading and incompetent in their reporting you should see the comment section of this Facebook article, absolutely full of radical left wingers and vegan nutters. They don't even see that this photo is from America....we don't shoot in hi vis clothing! Nor do fox hunters use pointing dogs to chase foxes. Its sad that this level of incompetence is all that is required to sway people's minds

20201227_115436.jpg

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

I am afraid I have to agree wholeheartedly with that and relates to a number of experiences.    They are not in the fox control bsiness, they are in the entertainment industry providing lurid pleasure for their followers.

@mel b3

I had been a supporter, followed for decades, also family members ridden with many, but they really dont do themselves any favours at all. 

I have turned up some days and got spoken to like i was a worm and had zero manors given when ordered to open a gate, one hunt member who new me asked what i was doing here ??? I could go on with more but when i say they are so far up "their own" its not an off the cuff remark. 

During the pre ban you must remember the double page spread in one of the tabloids, an image of the dead Fox being thrown over a hedge in full view of anti's with cameras, the hunt knew full well what the score was and knew the anti's where there but carried on regardless. No need to have done that, chuck it in the front of the quad and dispose of it out of sight. 

41 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Not really sure Mr gen , it would have been after nine pm as it wouldn't look good if youngsters had been watching it ,

PS   I have just noticed Mel b3 watched it , so maybe he can remember what channel it was on .

i cant remember what channel it was on , i was fast asleep in the chair when the article started , and my good lady gave me a nudge to wake up and watch it.

her good self is just trying to find it again on catchup, she thinks that it was itv.

I have no real interest in fox hunting. I don’t believe the hounds ripping a fox to bits is a quick and painless death. 

I do like traditions and understand if families want to keep the tradition going. I believe that can be achieved with trail hunting. I understand that an unlucky fox may be caught in the process by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I also feel that lots of hunts do themselves no favours in their attitude to a) members of the public and b) landowners. In and age when everyone has a phone that can record a video why leave yourself open to criticism? 

I don’t believe the hunting ban will be over turned now, and I doubt that people will be willing to support hunts as readily given some of the down right stupid things caught on camera, as referred to above.

Further more I don’t believe landowners are as supportive of the horse and hounds tearing across their ground as they used to be. Why have to take all your stock in to avoid an accident? Fox control is done effectively by shooting men these days, horse and hound is a tradition rather than pest control.

Edited by Rossco89

26 minutes ago, clangerman said:

when the cruelty factor out weighs the control factor joe public will always shut you down expect large driven game shoots to go the same way 

I think this is also because Joe public is led to believe that it's like a put and take fishery system or think birds are released from cages in the morning to be shot in the afternoon.

If there is no use for all the birds from a 300 bird shoot then by all means do away with it, but banning the big commercial shoots is another stepping stone to banning the small syndicates and farm shoots all the way down to walked up rough shoots.

But i suppose this is a topic for another thread.

People go hunting (as in follow hounds) for three reasons. These are:

1) To see hounds work and a to see a skilled huntsman using them,

2) To ride across country,

3) For the "frivolities and fornication" that are (or were) associated with the activity.

In truth for all it's not necessary to pursue and kill a fox and in fact you'd get a better "point" from a drag and certainly a better (and safer where roads and railways are an issue) cross-country ride. If it's "fox control" it has to be probably the most inefficient way of doing it and modern rules on disposal of fallen (dead) stock likely render the service that a hunt kennels used to provide likely now unlawful. I've never found members of the "field" "up their own orifices" but then again I've luckily never knowingly had the bad luck to have met socially or in the field anybody that was or is a member of the Fernie.

Edited by enfieldspares

All fox hunting ever did was spread the gene pool around the country side if it weren't for the terrier man a pack of hounds would catch next to ;;;; all

A fox will die quicker with a pack of hounds than a pheasant or partridge will with a broken wing or leg down after a picker up has sent his dog to catch it bring it back then ring its neck

And to say about chasing a fox with hounds there  is no different to beating with beaters from one cover to the next week after week