Winter gloves

simon1979

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

my best gloves are sheepskin mittens...the right hand one unfolds so my fingers can come out to pull the trigger......using gloves when it is really cold has never worked for me

I've neoprene fishing/shooting gloves a bit like that but so long as it's not wet I just use good old fashioned fingerless woolly gloves.

45 minutes ago, LeedsZeppelin said:

Depends how water proof you want them - rainproof or submerge proof.

I like Sealskinz, but with the fold back fingers they ain't completely waterproof, but definitely rainproof and windproof.

I did shoot in a blizzard earlier today and my hands kept warm and dry.

Will have a look at them

2 minutes ago, simon1979 said:

Will have a look at them

I’m not convinced that the new sealskinz gear is as good as the older kit.  I’ve used their socks and gloves for years. I recently replaced a pair of their gloves ‘like for like’ with the updated version of what had been an excellent pair of gloves.  The first time I used them was in heavy rain, but within 10 minutes my hands were soaking through.  I was really surprised as the previous versions were brilliant.  I’m also disappointed with the sealskinz customer care - I raised a ticket with them the night I used them and they leaked, that was three months ago and I’ve not had a response despite several ‘chases up’.  I’d hope it was a one off faulty pair, but the experience and lack of customer care doesn’t have me convinced.