Fancying a new break barrel.

30-6

I have an aa s200 sub 12 and an aa s410 xtra in fac. I'm finding that my divers bottle is going out of test between refills, so I have decided to get a Hills hand pump, so that solves that little dilemma.

But, I have an urge to treat myself to a break barrel. I've always used .22 so might go .177. Something just to grab as I go out to cover the times when a squirrel jumps out in front of the car as you drive up the farm lane and you think should have brought a gun.

After a quick peruse looking at BSA lightening or a HW 99s, any suggestions ?

This of course might just be a fad I'm having at the moment because the fat man in a red suit didn't leave me Kylie Minouge or Joanna Page, and I'm still pouting.

Am I too old at post 60 for such a desire, the gun I mean, I would have taken a chance on those beautiful ladies.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/01/2021 at 09:55, Rimfireboy said:

I regret selling my supersport. What calibre is it, have you had the barrel cut down on yours chad?

It's a .25 the previous owner fitted the barrel I did the carbine work, cut, crown, port, preload etc love the big calibre even in 12lbs form.

2 minutes ago, Chaz25 said:

It's a .25 the previous owner fitted the barrel I did the carbine work, cut, crown, port, preload etc love the big calibre even in 12lbs form.

Mine was .25 as well, bought it when they first came out, £99. Pellets were tight though, only rhino’s and pylarms at the time really. More pellets available now I think. What pellets are you using Chaz?

1 minute ago, Rimfireboy said:

Mine was .25 as well, bought it when they first came out, £99. Pellets were tight though, only rhino’s and pylarms at the time really. More pellets available now I think. What pellets are you using Chaz?

Had a tin of rihno's really lose fit in the beeza, so they got used as plinker's in my stealth, did not marksman do .25 ? pretty good cheap pellet never tried them in .25 thou, I like the H&N FTT's or JSB king heavy's for a big slap down range! 

3 minutes ago, Chaz25 said:

Had a tin of rihno's really lose fit in the beeza, so they got used as plinker's in my stealth, did not marksman do .25 ? pretty good cheap pellet never tried them in .25 thou, I like the H&N FTT's or JSB king heavy's for a big slap down range! 

Marksman would have been available but I never saw any for sale at the time (no internet then). I have a hatsan striker .25 now and it loves the marksman pellets. I believe that the early bsa .25 barrels were actually .243, hence the tight pellets. I used to use it around some factory units at night for rabbit clearance, I liked to hear the fat pellets fizzing through the quiet night air followed by a heavy slap and another dead rabbit. I miss that rifle...😢

3 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

Marksman would have been available but I never saw any for sale at the time (no internet then). I have a hatsan striker .25 now and it loves the marksman pellets. I believe that the early bsa .25 barrels were actually .243, hence the tight pellets. I used to use it around some factory units at night for rabbit clearance, I liked to hear the fat pellets fizzing through the quiet night air followed by a heavy slap and another dead rabbit. I miss that rifle...😢

I think your right about the early BSA gauge, my mate had a striker in .25 the rihno's fitted the bore better on that, he did not like it due to not getting the gas ram one but a springer (helps to know what you order or can order 🙄) and before I could offer to buy it off him he sent it back, shame I found it to be a nice gun! funny how sub 12 .25's never gained much of a footing, myself its my favorite calibre now