Double trigger finger knock!

flippermaj

One of those things that looks in profile (if its the one with the moulded into the rubber brass plate with four legs) like a side view of a little black rubber elephant. Or the modern cheap corner cutting version (as shown) with the bolt and screw that aren't as nice looking and can also block the rear trigger.

Edited by enfieldspares

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, flippermaj said:

Thanks for all the replies, I will look up one of the trigger guards on eBay.

The gun fit is fine, same as my 2.75 inch AYA Yeoman side by side and I don't have a problem with that gun but then again the loads are a little lighter.

What some above have identified and I believe is part of the problem is that the semi pistol grip is definitely slimmer in radius than the pistol grip on the non mag gun.  The slimmer grip I think means that it is slipping a little in my hand on the heavier loads and or I need to hold it tighter!

Shot a good pink with it this morning so I won't be stopping using it, great guns apart from my finger issue!

Having read through your replies, I am still of the opinion that the hand grip diameter is a little small for your hand, when you grip this it should feel like a firm handshake, the other thing that could make this worse is warn-out chequering allowing the gun to slip through your hand/grip.

2 hours ago, old'un said:

Thats what he is doing, its his second finger getting hit by the trigger guard.

So how is he holding it,,the second finger should be nowhere near anything.....I shoot aya no2 this way,,3 fingers behind guard thumb over stock ,,trigger finger on side of triggers not inside trigger guard....

Imagine grabbing bottle by neck to break over something...... 

Edited by millrace

14 minutes ago, millrace said:

I think we are all missing something.....lol

:yes:

he is holding the double triggered gun the same as we all do, moving his index finger from the front trigger to the back trigger when shooting, the problem is, his finger next to the back of the trigger guard is getting hit when the gun is fired.

Edited by old'un

8 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Could just end up like me with an OU with double triggers! The only gun I currently own with a single trigger is my rifle 😐

I have two o/us with straight hand stock and double trigger. 

Many years ago I bought a new Beretta (one of only two guns I have ever bought new) and I wanted straight hand double trigger - however the standard (from UK stock) was single trigger pistol grip and had a hefty discount and there was a choice I could view and select wood I liked - whereas the double trigger straight hand was 'unknown' discount - and so potentially a lot more.  In addition, it's resale would have been less, and I couldn't choose the wood and delivery was 'possibly months'.  I ended up with the ex stock single trigger.

Edited by JohnfromUK

On 28/12/2020 at 12:53, welshwarrior said:

This is normally due to incorrect gun fit.  Get it checked by someone who knows how to fit a sbs. 

EXACTLY.  My S x S weighs 6lbs 2ozs.  and I have on a few occasions used 32 gram 5's through it. I do not feel any recoil from even those heavy loads. The gun has been fitted by the makers though  !

On 29/12/2020 at 17:40, London Best said:

Surely nobody knows so little about shooting that they try and shoot double triggers by sticking two fingers through the triggers at once?

Or am I missing something?

Oh yes they do, I have seen so many things during the years that I ran a shooting ground, it was certainly an eye opener (so to speak).

27 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Could just end up like me with an OU with double triggers! The only gun I currently own with a single trigger is my rifle 😐

All my guns have double triggers too.

On 29/12/2020 at 18:00, Scully said:

No he wouldn’t. 🙂

My friends problem was that, due to an accident, he could no longer handle double triggers. Having previously owned an O/U he did not want anything more to do with them. He sourced a double twenty with a single trigger.

Edited by London Best

2 minutes ago, London Best said:

My friends problem was that, due to an accident, he could no longer handle double triggers. Having previously owned an O/U he did not want anything more to do with to do with them. He sourced a double twenty with a single trigger.

Fair enough. I would shoot with anything, even a sxs with gold double triggers and an auto safety if it was the only way I could continue shooting. 

Just now, Scully said:

I can understand that. 

So where do we stand on 'gold washed locks'?  My own view (odd as it may sound) is that gold is OK where it can't be seen!

By this I mean the gold finish on the inside (completely invisible) as used by AyA on most sidelock models.

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

So where do we stand on 'gold washed locks'?  My own view (odd as it may sound) is that gold is OK where it can't be seen!

By this I mean the gold finish on the inside (completely invisible) as used by AyA on most sidelock models.

No problem with that. It is meant to be for rust prevention? 
But a gold trigger is just flashy and so unnecessary.

1 minute ago, London Best said:

No problem with that. It is meant to be for rust prevention?

I believe that is the idea. 

AyA have done it for years.  I think all No 1's are done as are Many No 2s and probably all models 53 and 56.  Oddly the Senior (their short lived Purdey clone 'range topper') was not done.  I don't know who else (if anyone) does it?  I have never seen it on an English gun.

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I believe that is the idea. 

AyA have done it for years.  I think all No 1's are done as are Many No 2s and probably all models 53 and 56.  Oddly the Senior (their short lived Purdey clone 'range topper') was not done.  I don't know who else (if anyone) does it?  I have never seen it on an English gun.

I think Garbi do it.  As you say, never seen it on an English gun myself.

Edited by London Best

7 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I wouldn’t mind it if I couldn’t see it. 
I feel a gold trigger is just like an afterthought, almost as if the manufacturers don’t think the gun is good enough, and someone in desperation has suggested giving it a gold trigger to add a touch of quality; it doesn’t, it just cheapens it. 
If all this makes me sound like a gun snob I can assure you I’m not; I just dislike gold triggers ( even the real thing ) on any gun, no matter it’s make or value.