Bisley pay play surrey open

Doitwithstyle

I hope you don't mind me asking. How does the play and pay work?

Do you have to be a member of Bisley, and own your own shotgun?

Also how much did it cost for you, as the lessons are about £105 not including the clays. I'm really hoping it much less than £100 each visit.

I have an adult lesson at Bisley on the 8th of Jan, which I'm really looking forward to. It will be my 2nd lesson and I already want to get into clay shooting.

I am planning on asking these questions when I have the lesson, but any info I can get from people who've done the pay and play would be great.

Thanks AW

Pay and play, its simply that. You only pay for the clays you use.

Turn up, licensed with own gun  and cartridges. You're normally given some kind of recording device, card or dongle. Go out choose where or what stands to use. Every time you press for a clay it tots it up on your card.

Return to clubhouse, paypoint, whatever, pay, go home.

I usually shoot with my son, we go 50/50 and generally return to pay when card or dongle is full, which is normally 500. (That's around a slab of cartridges each)

Unfortunately no clay grounds will be open now till after lockdown. 

Hi mate .

don’t have to be a member 

So basically pay what you shoot . If go in pairs or 4 .. you have to shoot a Certain amount at the mo . 

Down side of Bisley is Each person has to have there own licence  and own insurance so can’t bring your friends to try . 

shotgun wise ... can’t hire . But say if you and me go ..... you can use my gun ... and not have your own . 

It’s 42p a clay ... 150 clays = about £60ish pound .... + your cartridges . 

but if go on your own and do say 50 clay . + carts . Is about £35 day .. if you can stop your self from carrying on . 

you pay when your finished .

bisley has lots of stand with a couple of traps on each . So normally no ques or people watching 

Thanks Centrepin and Doitwithstyle , that's very helpful information. I was wandering how shooters records what they've shot, as I didn't know about the dongle / card.

And it's great to hear the price is resonable, when I did my 1st lesson we got through 75 clays, so hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Thanks for the infor have a great one.

Billytheghillie, I got the email earlier today. There aren't enough emoji's to convey my disappointment 😞

13 hours ago, AWest84 said:

And it's great to hear the price is resonable, when I did my 1st lesson we got through 75 clays, so hopefully it won't be too expensive.

If you shop around the different shooting grounds, that price could start looking expensive.

The ground I usually shoot at is priced at 22p per clay for ESP, albeit it is a different part of the country and doesn't have the facilities that Bisley offer.

14 hours ago, AWest84 said:

Thanks Centrepin and Doitwithstyle , that's very helpful information. I was wandering how shooters records what they've shot, as I didn't know about the dongle / card.

Thanks for the infor have a great one.

Billytheghillie, I got the email earlier today. There aren't enough emoji's to convey my disappointment 😞

51 minutes ago, LeedsZeppelin said:

If you shop around the different shooting grounds, that price could start looking expensive.

The ground I usually shoot at is priced at 22p per clay for ESP, albeit it is a different part of the country and doesn't have the facilities that Bisley offer.

Don't overlook the fact that it was a lesson.

8 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Don't overlook the fact that it was a lesson.

Funnily enough I recieved a txt reminding me that the lesson is due, but I also got an email saying the Pay and Play is off until further notice. I've tried calling and also emailed to see if the lesson is still on, but i got no answer on the phone and am waiting for a responce to the email.

10 hours ago, AWest84 said:

Funnily enough I recieved a txt reminding me that the lesson is due, but I also got an email saying the Pay and Play is off until further notice. I've tried calling and also emailed to see if the lesson is still on, but i got no answer on the phone and am waiting for a responce to the email.

I saw somewhere that another ground was open for 1 to 1 tuition only with a coach.