.410 Hushpower

JonathanS

My son has one, pump action. Very nice gun, quiet enough using non subsonic 2" cartridges. It has to be pumped slow and steady or it jams. Easy to carry and a delight to use. I would have followed suite a bought one but dropped on something far cheaper

Yesterday on rats using my single shot side lever .410 moderated, my rate of fire and kill was slightly higher than his  due to his stoppages. 

14 hours ago, JonathanS said:

Hi all- merry Christmas.

I’m interested in acquiring a .410 or .20 gauge Mossberg Hushpower. Any views on Which one is best and does anyone want to sell one? Also is it possible to get a spare 24 inch barrel?

Thanks

I have a 20g hushpower pump, bit front heavy but fine, usable without hearing protection (in my opinion).

I believe McAvoys in Wigan had the dual barrel package available, if not I'm Saddlery/Hushpower will accommodate the request.

Other than that you can buy 500 barrels online, not the cheapest compared to the full gun cost.

410 is quieter but i went 20g for the best of both worlds kind of deal.

Some vids below to maybe help you decide.

12 and 20 - 

410 and 20 - 

Hello, buy a short barrel no rib  20 g pump action shotgun and fit one of the screw on hush power silencers from hush power.co.uk, and remember to only use felt wad cartridges, you may find the sight view different over  silencer but you can get a carbon fibre rib you glue on ? Keeping a better sight plane 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

33 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, buy a short barrel no rib  20 g pump action shotgun and fit one of the screw on hush power silencers from hush power.co.uk, and remember to only use felt wad cartridges, you may find the sight view different over  silencer but you can get a carbon fibre rib you glue on ? Keeping a better sight plane 

Just to add I have a 12g hush power 10 inch mod waiting to go on a single 12 g with high rib, I will also cut the barrel down to minimum length or just over so the balance is better with the rib up against the silencer back end, will be used around farm buildings ,