OOPS chemtrails again...

Dave-G

32 minutes ago, henry d said:

You then need to ask, why you believe the spheres are that colour, that material or whether you are just using something you know of and the reason why anyone would want to do such a thing, what would be the purpose especially since there are so many people who seem to know about it.

Why should they fall? Remember how long volcanic ash stayed in the air after being ejected and how long before people could fly again or the red Saharan sand and dust we get in the UK occasionally.

I think it is time to step away from the idea of a variety of different stuff being sprayed into atmosphere for different reasons, as no two conspirators seem to have the same story just a vague idea that someone is doing something and must be stopped, but when looked at logical and scientifically it is not something nefarious going on.

lol the fact they are white was a bonus - but lets be realistic - they are just one of many materials purportedly being used. the purpose has been well discussed.

I'm not seriously concerned the alleged action is nefarious - I'm just curious about it and to be honest cannot fathom why so many people rubbish others for their curiosity about something.

I remember being curious about night vision a few years ago. 

Thanks for your replies Henry. :good:

Edited by Dave-G

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

lol the fact they are white was a bonus - but lets be realistic - they are just one of many materials purportedly being used. the purpose has been well discussed.

I'm not seriously concerned the alleged action is nefarious - I'm just curious about it and to be honest cannot fathom why so many people rubbish others for their curiosity about something.

Oh I think you could work that out!

48 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Thanks for your replies Henry. :good:

I think people rubbish it because the fundamental premise is so unsound. A memory of an event is too reliable and from so long ago, it could be as simple as the  fact that if a small proportion of contrails are persistent, then an increase in flights results in an increase in trails.

Also, some people on here work in in aviation, they may be annoyed by the idea that third party devices can somehow be sneaked into an engine during meticulous assembly process, or equally exacting maintenance procedures. I’m not sure it curiosity or just a windup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

Wide ones, long ones, minutes long, hours long…………. It's all there

1 hour ago, SpringDon said:

I'm just curious about it and to be honest cannot fathom why so many people rubbish others for their curiosity about something.

It's not a case of rubbishing someone for being curious, its more like being surprised that people advertise their ignorance to the facts readily available to everyone…….

Having said that, I will wish you a Happy New Year🍺

4 minutes ago, KB1 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

Wide ones, long ones, minutes long, hours long…………. It's all there

It's not a case of rubbishing someone for being curious, its more like being surprised that people advertise their ignorance to the facts readily available to everyone…….

Having said that, I will wish you a Happy New Year🍺

The most pertinent point made as yet.

What surprises me, and not just in respect to this thread, but to all threads/discussions where people start to profess that they are "not scientists/experts/knowledgeable in this area" and then go on to challenge the people who are obviously expert in these things and plainly refuse to believe what the experts tell them.

In the context of this thread Jaymo is an expert in respect to aviation given that he is a professional aviator.

In the context of contrails in general, outside of this thread, every single respectable physicist ever will give a scientific explanation of what contrails are and why they form and there are multiple articles explaining such.  Somehow articles on conspiracy websites written by numerous self professed non-experts seem to carry more weight.  Quite beguiling.

The answer strikes me as being remarkably obvious, believe the expert and not some attention seeking walloper who gets off by writing a big load of wash on the internet.

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

I never thought I’d live to see the day a fully fledged card carrying chem trail supporter announced themselves on the forum.

Now then, dead serious - are there any flat earthers out there? Please please please announce yourselves.

I suspect there are quite a few who share the more, shall we say recherché* and non mainstream beliefs.

* Far fetched, tenuous, particularly chosen.

I’m genuinely intrigued by this thread, some very interesting answers/opinions being expressed. Are the forum members genuinely saying that things can’t/ don’t get sprayed from aircraft?  Or is it specifically that “chemtrails”  are actually “contrails” and that “chemtrails” are conspiracy theory. 

41 minutes ago, grrclark said:

In the context of this thread Jaymo is an expert in respect to aviation given that he is a professional aviator.

Why, thank you kind Sir.

But some might question my professionalism. For the Christmas before last, I decorated the cockpit with fairly lights, an inflatable Rudolph and wore a little ‘disguise’ myself. 

Edited to disguise some ‘work’ details and remove incriminating evidence 🙂

825D3115-32F1-47A4-84E8-B72C6FB9F937.jpeg

Edited by Jaymo

3 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Why, thank you kind Sir.

But some might question my professionalism. For the Christmas before last, I decorated the cockpit with fairly lights, an inflatable Rudolph and wore a little ‘disguise’ myself. 

825D3115-32F1-47A4-84E8-B72C6FB9F937.jpeg

We choose to follow the loose definition of professional as being derived from the individuals principle occupation  or profession :P 

One's professionalism in their role is somewhat different, however I like your style and approach.  

Do you keep your stash of microballoons in your blow up Rudolph and parp them into the exhaust of the engine when no one is looking?

29 minutes ago, Spr1985 said:

I’m genuinely intrigued by this thread, some very interesting answers/opinions being expressed. Are the forum members genuinely saying that things can’t/ don’t get sprayed from aircraft?  Or is it specifically that “chemtrails”  are actually “contrails” and that “chemtrails” are conspiracy theory. 

Do you mean stuff sprayed from aircraft with the principle purpose of spraying stuff, i.e. crop dusting or silver nitrate cloud seeding?

In which case then absolutely without a shadow of doubt stuff can be and is sprayed from planes and there is no attempt to disguise and conceal that.

However, if you mean in the context of everyday contrails, i.e. combustion condensation and sublimation to ice particles suspended in the atmosphere as a by product of aircraft propulsion then yes "chemtrails" are a conspiracy.

7 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

How dare you, I assure you of the truth that world is flat. Errrrr I mean, round.

Do the forward facing windows not have the spherical aberration built in like the side windows do?  A rarified place indeed the cockpit must be to see the world as it truly, flatly is.

25 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Do the forward facing windows not have the spherical aberration built in like the side windows do?  A rarified place indeed the cockpit must be to see the world as it truly, flatly is.

Windows? Dear chap, we’re still open cockpit. 

I will add, if the world was flat then it would have made my Navigation exams one hell of a lot easier without the problems of convergence and multitude of chart representations.

At least the lectures on chem trails were short 😉

13 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Windows? Dear chap, we’re still open cockpit. 

I will add, if the world was flat then it would have made my Navigation exams one hell of a lot easier without the problems of convergence and multitude of chart representations.

At least the lectures on chem trails were short 😉

Mercator and gnomic presentation and shortest circular routes, etc.  Then add in all your ETOPS malarky.

You’re welcome to it.

Was the chemtrail lecture “Deny everything and don’t inhale the microballooms”.   Lesson over.

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

Mercator and gnomic presentation and shortest circular routes, etc.  Then add in all your ETOPS malarky.

You’re welcome to it.

Was the chemtrail lecture “Deny everything and don’t inhale the microballooms”.   Lesson over.

Don’t forget Lamberts conical- Great circles and rhumb lines, designed to confuse the hell out of you.

But even the sodding compass doesn’t point correctly - deviation, variation , magnetic and then three diff ‘Poles’

No wonder I get lost!!!!

Your assumption of the lesson was incorrect. It went along the lines of “Jay, never touch ‘the button’ unless told and whatever you do, don’t tell Dave-G the truth as ‘he can’t handle the truth’ “. Lesson over- blue or red pill 

5 minutes ago, henry d said:

No, no, and no again. Biggest can o' worms EVER! Don't get them started please!

No fun, bait the hook and draw them out.

I don’t know if it’s genuine or an apocryphal tale, but the flat earth society website was reputed to have described the society as the global body for flat earth believers.

I so very very hope that it is true.  

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

No fun, bait the hook and draw them out.

Seriously, no. It's like trying to nail jelly to the wall getting any sense from them and once they are out they are more difficult to get rid of than the smell of a week old dead Kelt that the dog has rolled in, fox scats and all!

3 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Don’t forget Lamberts conical- Great circles and rhumb lines, designed to confuse the hell out of you.

But even the sodding compass doesn’t point correctly - deviation, variation , magnetic and then three diff ‘Poles’

No wonder I get lost!!!!

Your assumption of the lesson was incorrect. It went along the lines of “Jay, never touch ‘the button’ unless told and whatever you do, don’t tell Dave-G the truth as ‘he can’t handle the truth’ “. Lesson over- blue or red pill 

😂😂

I forgot about rhumb lines.  I did study “compass swinging” at one point, although when I say study I was in the room when someone waffled on about it.

Some of our professional mariners will understand it I daresay, or of course they just use electronic gadgets like everyone else.

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

Seriously, no. It's like trying to nail jelly to the wall getting any sense from them and once they are out they are more difficult to get rid of than the smell of a week old dead Kelt that the dog has rolled in, fox scats and all!

It is like nailing jelly to the wall.

I have to say the flat earth gadgies have the most coordinated and comprehensive defence and counter argument resources ever.

Political strategists and wannabe revolutionaries should pay attention.

4 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Political strategists and wannabe revolutionaries should pay attention

Absolutely, because they latch on to (just about) every other CT. I know a couple and one is totally rational until you mentioned one of the multitude of possible theories that link in, of which chemtrails is one, and you almost see a glint in his eyes and you just hit a tidal wave of different scenarios and theories and it reminds me of when you get a bird's nest in your fishing reel, big loops of line going here and there but intertwined with deeper loops of line that just needs someone to take a sharp knife too and cut it all away.

4 minutes ago, henry d said:

Absolutely, because they latch on to (just about) every other CT. I know a couple and one is totally rational until you mentioned one of the multitude of possible theories that link in, of which chemtrails is one, and you almost see a glint in his eyes and you just hit a tidal wave of different scenarios and theories and it reminds me of when you get a bird's nest in your fishing reel, big loops of line going here and there but intertwined with deeper loops of line that just needs someone to take a sharp knife too and cut it all away.

A great description.

I imagine that having a philosophical discussion with a seal would be more fruitful and more rewarding than trying to reason with a flat earther, but sometimes it’s fun to juggle live idiot grenades.