• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, grrclark said:

😂😂

I forgot about rhumb lines.  I did study “compass swinging” at one point, although when I say study I was in the room when someone waffled on about it.

Compass swinging, the more boring form of swinging.....

Bet mariners don’t have to also worry about compass leading and lagging? South over shoot, North under turn 

Then there’s hemisphere variation where even the water down the plug hole goes a diff way. 

1 minute ago, Jaymo said:

Compass swinging, the more boring form of swinging.....

Bet mariners don’t have to also worry about compass leading and lagging? South over shoot, North under turn 

Then there’s hemisphere variation where even the water down the plug hole goes a diff way. 

The speed at which my boat went the magnetic pole had moved between the time I started and finished.

My boat was known as the “grow bag” because it went as fast as a tomato grows.

With my boring swinging knowledge I could have navigated it around the world, but i would have died of old age first.

@DaveG would it not be far easier to put something in the water supply?  Far, far fewer people who need to be in on it than aviation.

Also, no one on this thread has yet mentioned high-bypass turbofans vs low bypass jet engines of days gone by.  Surely the amount of air they shift will have some affect on the contrail.

Finally all planes can spray...jet fuel.  Pilots have to dump fuel occasionally in order not land overweight...

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Absolutely, because they latch on to (just about) every other CT. I know a couple and one is totally rational until you mentioned one of the multitude of possible theories that link in, of which chemtrails is one, and you almost see a glint in his eyes and you just hit a tidal wave of different scenarios and theories and it reminds me of when you get a bird's nest in your fishing reel, big loops of line going here and there but intertwined with deeper loops of line that just needs someone to take a sharp knife too and cut it all away.

Brilliant description.  Also very much like to speaking to someone I know who is a ‘freeman of the land’ and is exactly how your head feels when he’s describing his belief system to you. Some of the stuff he comes out with!  

9 minutes ago, 400_racer said:

Brilliant description.  Also very much like to speaking to someone I know who is a ‘freeman of the land’ and is exactly how your head feels when he’s describing his belief system to you. Some of the stuff he comes out with!  

Oh Freemen of the Land are great too.  Every seem is rich in gold.

Don’t you sometimes think it would be easier to be unthinkingly cynical and thick rather than having to confront the realities of the laws of physics and the land.  So much easier to consume the comforting laudanum of faceless blogs and peddlers of wash. 

12 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

@DaveG would it not be far easier to put something in the water supply?  Far, far fewer people who need to be in on it than aviation.

Also, no one on this thread has yet mentioned high-bypass turbofans vs low bypass jet engines of days gone by.  Surely the amount of air they shift will have some affect on the contrail.

Finally all planes can spray...jet fuel.  Pilots have to dump fuel occasionally in order not land overweight...

Wrong- high and low bypass both work on Newton’s third law- either via combustion or fan, fan causes compressibility and a rise in temp along with combustion and so both will cause ‘condensation’ from a heating  and crossing of dew points.

Secondly, only Aircraft with Intercontinental design and a few others ( can’t tell you about Mill stuff), have the ability to dump fuel in the case of needing to get below structural landing weight limits 

2 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Wrong- high and low bypass both work on Newton’s third law- either via combustion or fan, fan causes compressibility and a rise in temp along with combustion and so both will cause ‘condensation’ from a heating  and crossing of dew points.

Secondly, only Aircraft with Intercontinental design and a few others ( can’t tell you about Mill stuff), have the ability to dump fuel in the case of needing to get below structural landing weight limits 

Oh you knowledgeable expert, but i read an article on www.headjammedupmyratherwilfullyignorantarse.com that said it was the government what did it, so i choose to disbelieve your science.  You shill’

1 minute ago, Jaymo said:

I think I worded that poorly, I was alluding to the fact that high bypass is now defacto - compared to DaveG's '60 years ago' example, when, if he saw jet-powered aircraft, it will likely have been low bypass military jets, such as Hawker Hunter, not large ETOPS rated Trent powered a/cs....All work on the same principle of course, but I wonder if the effect is more noticable with high bypass due to the sheer mass flow rate of air shifted.

10 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I think I worded that poorly, I was alluding to the fact that high bypass is now defacto - compared to DaveG's '60 years ago' example, when, if he saw jet-powered aircraft, it will likely have been low bypass military jets, such as Hawker Hunter, not large ETOPS rated Trent powered a/cs....All work on the same principle of course, but I wonder if the effect is more noticable with high bypass due to the sheer mass flow rate of air shifted.

Yes, the sheer volume of air movement will have a noticeable visible output.

In simple terms, if we think about our visible breath on a cold day, the bigger the sook the greater the puff and a longer lasting cloud of visible exhaled condensed reek.

Prob’s not something ever described as such in a physics lecture right enough.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just waiting for Dave G to come along and say he is not a flat earther, but is just interested in the possibilities!

:hmm:I shall continue to mildly wonder how much or little truth is in chemtrails, whilst keeping in mind that brains better than mine are considering the possibilities of it for the future and not be surprised when it occurs. :yay:

Edited by Dave-G
typo

4 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

:hmm:I shall continue to mildly wonder how much or little truth is in chemtrails, whilst keeping in mind that brains than mine are considering the possibilities of it for the future and not be surprised when it occurs. :yay:

Do you consider the earth is flat too Dave?

6 hours ago, grrclark said:

Do you mean stuff sprayed from aircraft with the principle purpose of spraying stuff, i.e. crop dusting or silver nitrate cloud seeding?

In which case then absolutely without a shadow of doubt stuff can be and is sprayed from planes and there is no attempt to disguise and conceal that.

However, if you mean in the context of everyday contrails, i.e. combustion condensation and sublimation to ice particles suspended in the atmosphere as a by product of aircraft propulsion then yes "chemtrails" are a conspiracy.

Hey thanks for your response, I’m fully aware of crop dusting and the fact that various aircraft are capable of spraying various substances, I was more Intrigued as to wether the mass consensus was that nothing untoward is/would be “sprayed”  on the general population. 

contrails and chemtrails are neither here nor there to me, I prefer to deal in fact rather than maybe’s or fiction. Although I guess that is dependant on what one believes. I can recall growing up in the later half of the 80’s early 90’s and having summers of clear blue sky’s  but not any more (maybe that’s a figment of my imagination) but, what is not a figment of imagination is the FACT that chemicals have been sprayed on the British public by the MOD and the American airforce based in the uk!  Anyone that wishes to dispute that should first do some research, look into the de classified documents regarding porton down and the spraying of the Norwich area and other areas of the uk. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-truth-about-porton-down See the section entitled aerial release trials for admittance of spraying,* further research of what was sprayed required* then maybe some more research on solar radiation management which covers spraying into the stratosphere   By some world renowned  scientists from Harvard, a lot of it is theory but very plausible. 

@Dave-G nothing wrong with an inquisitive mind mate. I’m very much the same. An open receptive mind allows you to learn and make your own mind up rather than just believing everything you’re told 👍🏻

7 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

Hey thanks for your response, I’m fully aware of crop dusting and the fact that various aircraft are capable of spraying various substances, I was more Intrigued as to wether the mass consensus was that nothing untoward is/would be “sprayed”  on the general population. 

contrails and chemtrails are neither here nor there to me, I prefer to deal in fact rather than maybe’s or fiction. Although I guess that is dependant on what one believes. I can recall growing up in the later half of the 80’s early 90’s and having summers of clear blue sky’s  but not any more (maybe that’s a figment of my imagination) but, what is not a figment of imagination is the FACT that chemicals have been sprayed on the British public by the MOD and the American airforce based in the uk!  Anyone that wishes to dispute that should first do some research, look into the de classified documents regarding porton down and the spraying of the Norwich area and other areas of the uk. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-truth-about-porton-down See the section entitled aerial release trials for admittance of spraying,* further research of what was sprayed required* then maybe some more research on solar radiation management which covers spraying into the stratosphere   By some world renowned  scientists from Harvard, a lot of it is theory but very plausible. 

@Dave-G nothing wrong with an inquisitive mind mate. I’m very much the same. An open receptive mind allows you to learn and make your own mind up rather than just believing everything you’re told 👍🏻

So do you believe that everyday contrails are really chemtrails and we are subject to continual aerial spraying?

Of the two which is factual and which is speculative?

10 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

OOPS you stuck yer neck out there spr, thanks for the input.

I now see how I got to read grr comments. I'll just qualify that what I was referring to about spraying into aircraft exhaust streams were not as a by-product but clearly piped to spray something behind the exhaust so it mixes thoroughly. I'll try to find the video - and the image of rows of tanks that replaced seats. Claims were made that some commercial aircraft have given up passenger space to carry smaller amounts of something to spray.

EDIT: And yes - it may have some kind of heavy duty large scale crop spraying

Edited by Dave-G

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

:lol:

Haha, you're nearly as bad as me about not letting something go. I'm not saying there is any skulduggery going on... and the more it gets rubbished the deeper some peoples resolve will look. :)

Let me put this into context: I'm retired, bored ****less, spending most of my days or nights in solitude in a small two bed semi seriously shielding because of chronic breathing issues and trying to find at least SOMETHING to occupy my mind while i can't even do any gardening because the cold damp aggravates my emphysema.

That I am curious about something seems to worry you enough to keep coming back - if its to think 'oh bless the dear old ***' that's fine by me, thank you. :good:

3 hours ago, grrclark said:

So do you believe that everyday contrails are really chemtrails and we are subject to continual aerial spraying?

Of the two which is factual and which is speculative?

Hi again, if this was for me then the answer is no, I do not believe that we are being sprayed on a regular basis, hence why I stated that contrails/ chemtrails are neither here nor there to me in my original reply and why I also found @TIGHTCHOKE reply amusing and didn’t bite to it 🤣

It just came across that the mass consensus of the forum was that spraying the population wasn’t possible and didn’t happen and that spraying from aircraft wasn’t possible.  I’ve provided a link to show that it’s entirely possible and in fact has been admitted to by the government/ MOD.  

Perhaps someone with an interest here might be able to clear something up for me - bear with my slightly dyslexic rambling round the houses.

Think of the type of containers we see at garage forecourts containing LPG.

When this chemtrail thing first got my curiosity going I saw a photo of two rows of similar looking tanks where passenger seats would otherwise have been in a long fuselage. Memory fades but there could have been dozens of them. Piping was installed to them.

At about the same time, likely in the same article I saw what resembles a pitot tube (size wise) facing rearwards behind an engine spraying something into the exhaust stream. The video was being filmed through a fuselage window with the aircraft in flight. I can't image that being a good location to dump fuel from but it would be a good location to avoid evidence an extra trail of some kind of substance. (not sure evidence is the right word)

We have some knowledgeable members contributing here, perhaps someone could tell me what I might have seen?

The author of that article claimed to be the pilot who would get into a lot of trouble if it was discovered he was the whistleblower. He claimed he was instructed when to commence and stop spraying.

Sorry about the edits.

Edited by Dave-G