Swings and Roundabouts

wymberley

Or good luck and bad.

Step-son just called in to collect a shotgun which is no longer any good to me - damn it. He's on his way home from a partridge shoot in Cornwall (yep, that one). For obvious reasons, the hospitality bit was curtailed but every cloud and all that as they'd bought a 350 bird day, but shot 441 with no additional £ penalty. While there they were invited to a no limit pheasant day today in Devon which unfortunately was not possible for them. Don't know about the other 8, but I do know one of them who's going to have a monk on all the way back home.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2020 at 12:08, wymberley said:

Or good luck and bad.

Step-son just called in to collect a shotgun which is no longer any good to me - damn it. He's on his way home from a partridge shoot in Cornwall (yep, that one). For obvious reasons, the hospitality bit was curtailed but every cloud and all that as they'd bought a 350 bird day, but shot 441 with no additional £ penalty. While there they were invited to a no limit pheasant day today in Devon which unfortunately was not possible for them. Don't know about the other 8, but I do know one of them who's going to have a monk on all the way back home.

A local shoot did this last week. Guns had paid for a 300 day and shot well over with no overage, simply because the ‘keeper knew it would probably be their last day.