This is what engineers can do when having a laugh...

oscarsdad

5 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Its amazing what the mind can think up. 

Very true.

Thinking about the advancement in technology and the Terminator, I don't know if anyone else as noticed just how many of the things in sci-fi movies have become reality, the original Star Trek series being a good example, wonder where we will be in another 50 years?

I thought, when I saw the headline, that there was going to be a picture of a Land Rover....😇     

Boston Dynamics has recently been sold to Hyundai  https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/12/boston-dynamics-sells-to-hyundai-motor-group-in-1-1-billion-deal/

Boston Dynamics have had a bit of a chequered history in that they are all great ideas but it's been hard to make money out of it. 

Being a bit skeptical of robots I was looking to see if this was CGI, if it is then who ever did it haven't missed anything, Reflections in the glass, shadows on the floor and even the dents in the flooring that the robots make when they move. Leads me to beleive its probably real. And very clever. 

Cgi, very good cgi, but cgi. The same people did one a bit ago with the "robot" getting drop kicked and beaten with a pole.

Was a bloke wearing a dot suit and this looks like the same people.

I have no doubt we will get to this stage soon, AI is advancing fast, didn't someone have to shut down an AI twitter account because it got in with some racists or some such.

When we do get there Dog help us all. 🤣