W&S 177 Senior air pistol

scobydog

Hi all,

I have just acquired a Webley Senior air pistol, it is a straight stock and has the serial no 043 on it, above the pistol grip on the left hand side it says S1 043, i'm assuming this means series 1 serial 043.It has patent nos for several countries around the spring chamber including names of the countries. It's in pretty good condition and still fires well, it looks like it has hardly been used, there is some slight pitting on the outside of the spring chamber and barrel but this is very slight and the barrel is very clean inside.

If anyone would know any history on these particular pistols i would be very grateful for any information you have especially if this could be a salesman's model due to having the country names and patent numbers on it. It has been under the previous persons bed for @ 40 years without use that his widow knows of, will try and get some pics up later.

Thanks in advance scobydog.

Hi L b, just checked online and it's exactly the same as the Mk1 straight stock that Pyramid air had in. The stock isn't perfectly straight on any of them but after 1935 they had much more of a slant to them. The grips are bakelite and in perfect condition too.

Regards scobydog 

10 minutes ago, scobydog said:

Hi L b, just checked online and it's exactly the same as the Mk1 straight stock that Pyramid air had in. The stock isn't perfectly straight on any of them but after 1935 they had much more of a slant to them. The grips are bakelite and in perfect condition too.

Regards scobydog 

My mistake, you are correct, I hadn’t looked properly at the pics. Worth even more then!

3 minutes ago, London Best said:

My mistake, you are correct, I hadn’t looked properly at the pics. Worth even more then!

To be fair you're part right LB, after some more intensive searching it is a Mk1 Senior air pistol made circa 1935, not a Mk1 pistol, it is a 1st in line Senior but classed as a straight stock. My daughter has just laid claim to it now though lol. Didn't cost me anything so i suppose i can't moan.

Atb John