Arise ..Sir Lewis Hamilton

ditchman

41 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Pay tax? Live in the UK? 

Apparently he pays the taxes due in the U.K. (I assume for the time he is here or work undertaken here) and is in the top 5,000 tax payers. 

what’s living here got to do with it? Many others have got one who live abroad. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Lads the guy has won the drivers world championship 7 times, regardless what you think of him as a person surely he deserves it.

Jonathan Rae has just won his sixth world superbike championship,,,,,not a mention !. No virtue in voting for him then. Clearly courage,humility and determination despite the machinery he was on have no place in the PC world. 

1 hour ago, Velocette said:

Jonathan Rae has just won his sixth world superbike championship,,,,,not a mention !. No virtue in voting for him then. Clearly courage,humility and determination despite the machinery he was on have no place in the PC world. 

Nothing changes. The Honours system has always been political and apart from a tiny few who've done some good in the world, it's always been for high profile people. Frankly, I don't like being lectured to by smug, virtue signalling types such as Prince Chump and Hamilton when they have no concept of real life.

Strewth, F1 isn't even dangerous any more, it's just like a noisy 3D computer game.

2 minutes ago, Westward said:

Strewth, F1 isn't even dangerous any more, it's just like a noisy 3D computer game.

Tell that to Romain Grosjean 🤔

I personally have no emotion to this subject,,,, whoever gets a "gong" doesn't change my life or the way I live it 😉

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I have no opinion about Hamilton receiving a knighthood, but I would have much preferred it if Packham had received a sainthood.

unfortunatley he would have been a martya first..........by what means ?............i would help if asked.......

(might even been a knighthood in it for me....:hmm:..and i pay taxes in this country and declare all my turnips)

7 hours ago, Westward said:

I'm no racing fan but I don't know about that given the speeds they manage.

I'm sure I saw him interviewed a while back and was asked about the possibility of a knighthood,  he seemed very humbled by the possibility he could be, and meeting the Queen again. 

I just wish he'd race and leave it at that, or try and do some real good.

7 world titles but promotes a racist organisation that stands for the destruction of society. Biggest chip ever seen on his shoulder yet he has been given every advantage consistant with his driving talent. 

George Digweed - 26 world titles

Phil Taylor - 16 world titles

Plus the other well mentioned motorcycle riders who take insane risks and also have overtaking in their races. 

If we on here were a representation of society, most would say no he shouldn't get a knighthood. 

Many more deserving sportsmen and women won many more world championships.  When you look at the list it was uninspiring, a cellist a composer and more classical musicians. 

Handed out like blue Peter badges, sad really.

11 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Absolutely!

A long time friend of mine said that he didn't know I was racist.......because I said that I can't stand LH.

The truth is, I just don't like the bloke....never have. Don't give a **** what colour he is. Don't like his strutting around and being so "Nice to everyone." Is he good driver?...absolutely. Better than a lot of 'em, more than likely.  Is it mainly the car? Probably. George Russell was about to prove that, until Mercedes "accidentally" made an "error."  We'll never know.