Lincolnshire Police new license applications

Mightymariner

My son is keen to apply for a shotgun licence but according to the police website they are not accepting new applications "due to to the new national lockdown", which I can only assume refers to the November lockdown which expired in December. Has anyone in the area applied for a licence recently and can enlighten me?

Thanks.

I had that during the first lockdown, I applied and it was rejected and was informed that they would let me known when I could apply.

A few weeks later I emailed them again and they told me to apply.

They dont update the websites very often and are too busy/forget to get back to people so its probably worth giving them a ring to see if you can apply.

Just now, Mightymariner said:

I will see what they say. I can understand the home visit part, but we're not in a national lockdown so hopefully they will be able to help. Whatsapp? That is amazing. I don't think Lincolnshire has reached those dizzy tech heights yet.

Im in Shropshire so I would hope Licolnshire is on point.

It was a video interview etc as theybdont want to visit homes. The FEO said it was working well.

On 31/12/2020 at 23:37, bruno22rf said:

May be because they cant send an FEO to your house to check security measures.

They asked me to email photos of my cabinet location and carried out a phone interview. This was last September. I fell fowl of the medical report. They have to have this before you submit your application. If they look at the application and they do not already have the report they reject it and you have to start again. They don't tell you. It shows up on the online application. I ended up having to transfer my guns as I had no licence due to believing my application was in progress when in fact it had been rejected. When I emailed to see progress I received an amazing snotty email back telling me this. 

When I did speak to the FEO who was very nice by the way I was asked why my licence had expired. When I explained she already knew as she had dealt with lots in the same circumstances. Lesson learnt. 

Edited by paulinlincs

Interestingly, there is a short piece on this in the latest edition of the BASC magazine.

Obviously with a national lockdown they have said nothing is happening, which I can understand.

I have asked about alternatives to a home visit when restrictions are lifted, and await a reply.

Licensing in Lincolnshire is run by G4S at present.

On 01/01/2021 at 19:28, Westley said:

IF your Son is living with you and your security has already been checked, you could point that out to them.

If they do that will they not have to then hold each others guns on their individual licence's as they will both have access to the cabinet?

On 08/01/2021 at 19:41, oowee said:

If they do that will they not have to then hold each others guns on their individual licence's as they will both have access to the cabinet?

Because the 'son' lives at the same address does NOT mean he has access to the cabinet. The level of cabinet security has already been checked and remains unaltered. IF the 'son' wishes to have access to the guns, then he can 'borrow' them for 72 hours without entering them on his Certificate. Obviously, if the 'son' wishes to have his own gun on his Certificate, that could be dealt with at a later and more convenient date. My wife has access to the outside of my cabinet and does NOT have a Certificate  !