A cold finish to my sporting year

Dave at kelton

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Cracking photos and a very nice old gun obviously still well capable.   Did that disc arrive yet?

Thanks, Disc not arrived yet will let you know when it does!

56 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Double 8bore? Loving the back action locks

Yes Tolley reproved to nitro magnum before I bought it 20 years ago. Load up with ITM but mostly use modern guns and steel now for economic reasons.

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

Well it was a bloody cold but successful last sporting day of the year with the first pink of the season to the big gun. Just couldn’t follow it with a grayling up to my waist in a not much warmer river Nith.

Perhaps 2021 will start with a few more pinks.

dry powder and tight lines to you all!

8E5C71BD-B0CD-4CFB-B8DA-98A20B7B722E.jpeg

2FB49085-3373-4E74-89E4-6E46A2EA6A53.jpeg

If only that ole gun could talk , what a night that would be to listen to the tales she could recall , I take it your gun is a lady , far to good a looking to be a male . 

Lovely way to finish a very strange year with a Pink with a gun that was made for the job , I was at the other end of the scale with a Wood Pigeon in the bag with the only shot I had this afternoon , went down the marsh but with it being minus two and raw , it was far to cold for me to stay with all the splashes frozen over .

All The Best   MM

a priceless memory using an old friend for the day. Reminded me of waiting out for pigeons on snow topped sprouts in nothing but a parka with the only hammer gun I ever used, a 12g single bore Cooey. Every cartridge was a proper cost compared with pocket money income at the time so it did mean you took good shots.

10 minutes ago, marsh man said:

If only that ole gun could talk , what a night that would be to listen to the tales she could recall , I take it your gun is a lady , far to good a looking to be a male . 

Lovely way to finish a very strange year with a Pink with a gun that was made for the job , I was at the other end of the scale with a Wood Pigeon in the bag with the only shot I had this afternoon , went down the marsh but with it being minus two and raw , it was far to cold for me to stay with all the splashes frozen over .

All The Best   MM

Thanks. It doesn’t need to talk of my time with it as every trip has been written down in my diaries from 1982 but that started about one hundred years after it was built.

stay safe!

• 2 weeks later...