what is guaranteed to make grown men cry?

243deer

grating fresh horseradish is a challenge. Have a load to do tomorrow, think I am going to try my paint spraying mask and a pair of swimming goggles.

For this evening though the horseradish dip for the various nibbles is helping the prosecco flow and I have more brownie points

Happy New year for later all as I am anticipating a good evening

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

Never thought of that. When a karate instructor I always taught a kick in the nuts brought the tears on quickest but if you want to grate horseradish that’s up to you!😂😂

Have to agree with the above. Many many moons ago I saw a wee small policewoman administer said kick and it brought tears to three mens eyes. Two of us with laughter and the third grovelling on the floor.  Massive national enquiry today of course and maybe a knighthood for the recipient.  How times change.

This made two men cry.

Teaching the apprentice to weld over head a little while ago and as his confidence grew he asked to take on a crappy chassis repair under supervision. One thing I've always told him is to make sure you're comfortable and with a full range of movement before you strike up. So after all his prep's done he calls me over to watch over his shoulder as he welds. First thing I point out is "don't weld sat on your *** on the floor, you make too big of a target for spatter and you can't move quickly if the preverbial hits the fan". His retort is simple "you said be comfy and I'm comfier on my butt than I am on bent knees....". Well crack on then boy. He strikes up and runs a good root, grinds out and starts his hot pass. Half way up and he's doing well but suddenly flinches, then rocks from side to side a bit but still keeps welding, the he starts trembling, finally BOOM, he kicks out hard with both legs propelling himself out from under the truck knocking me flat in the process. Up and off across the workshop  screaming like a stabbed rat and running with a gate like a ricket riddled crab. I set off in hot pursuit and follow him into the lavvies only to find him trousers down plums deep in a rapidly filling sink full of cold water. Poor little fella only went and had a hot lump of flux land just to the right of his little soldier and slowly burn through overalls, jeans, undies before finally settling ontop of his right ball and sticking to it.

Me, I cried with laughter, him? not so much.

47 minutes ago, oneshot1979 said:

This made two men cry.

Teaching the apprentice to weld over head a little while ago and as his confidence grew he asked to take on a crappy chassis repair under supervision. One thing I've always told him is to make sure you're comfortable and with a full range of movement before you strike up. So after all his prep's done he calls me over to watch over his shoulder as he welds. First thing I point out is "don't weld sat on your *** on the floor, you make too big of a target for spatter and you can't move quickly if the preverbial hits the fan". His retort is simple "you said be comfy and I'm comfier on my butt than I am on bent knees....". Well crack on then boy. He strikes up and runs a good root, grinds out and starts his hot pass. Half way up and he's doing well but suddenly flinches, then rocks from side to side a bit but still keeps welding, the he starts trembling, finally BOOM, he kicks out hard with both legs propelling himself out from under the truck knocking me flat in the process. Up and off across the workshop  screaming like a stabbed rat and running with a gate like a ricket riddled crab. I set off in hot pursuit and follow him into the lavvies only to find him trousers down plums deep in a rapidly filling sink full of cold water. Poor little fella only went and had a hot lump of flux land just to the right of his little soldier and slowly burn through overalls, jeans, undies before finally settling ontop of his right ball and sticking to it.

Me, I cried with laughter, him? not so much.

Great story Oneshot and very well presented😂😂😂😂😂