How’s everyone’s night in going?

the hitman

Hi Folks

How’s everyone’s night in going so far?

Mrs H has made a buffet which are eating off paper plates- just to give it a bit of a party feel.

I am having a beer ( Old speckled hen) then later I might consider a wee Johnny Walker black label at the bells - and Mrs H is having a Prosecco .

Enjoy your evening folks - and keep posting .

Hitman

1 minute ago, 243deer said:

the Mrs has fallen asleep so I have the Royal Marines band playing and a glass of Ardmore.

I just could not face an evening of inane tv. 

How you can even question red something or other versus a whisky is beyond me. 

That 100% depends on the mood. I can drink whisky regardless of mood - which one depends on my humour. But red has to be sociable or in a good mood. I'm drinking port but that's because it was cheap 😂😉

Just now, Benthejockey said:

That 100% depends on the mood. I can drink whisky regardless of mood - which one depends on my humour. But red has to be sociable or in a good mood. I'm drinking port but that's because it was cheap 😂😉

I thought about doing port but I have had a fair few nights before, I am more tolerant of whisky or maybe I just savour it more

6 minutes ago, 243deer said:

the Mrs has fallen asleep so I have the Royal Marines band playing and a glass of Ardmore.

I just could not face an evening of inane tv. 

How you can even question red something or other versus a whisky is beyond me. 

I am not a whiskey expert, and after trying a few I have decided that JW black label is the one for me - straight over some ice. I think you are right, tonight of al nights should be a wee dram night.  How’s the Ardmore going down? 

Buffet for us 3 we've just had a couple of glasses of Baileys then in a while me and my son will have a couple of glenfiddichs We are all nhs workers and it's been a tough year.Lets hope for a better 2021 for everyone.Stay safe and all the best to the pigeon watch crew.

2 minutes ago, wisdom said:

Buffet for us 3 we've just had a couple of glasses of Baileys then in a while me and my son will have a couple of glenfiddichs We are all nhs workers and it's been a tough year.Lets hope for a better 2021 for everyone.Stay safe and all the best to the pigeon watch crew.

Nice now mate 

Mrs H is a nurse and did a 12 hour shift today- and is back in tomorrow at 7am .Thankfully the hospital is in walking distance from our house as she is putting the Prosecco away rather quickly - as you say it’s been a tough time.

4 minutes ago, 243deer said:

The Ardmore bottle is empty, only taken 3 years as I rarely drink these days as on call a lot. It looks almost like a lowland malt but it is definitely highland and quite punchy and peaty. It is also on the sweet side. As it comes for me

My brother raves about Ardbeg whiskey which sounds similar to what you have described- a bottle of JW lasts me about a year as it’s very much a winter drink for me .

Me and the boys have been up catbells today. It was cold and misty down the bottom but lovely and clear with great views off the top. We’ve played board games and watched a film. It’s a big change of pace from our usual New Years celebrations, but not unpleasant 👍

have a good one everybody. 

4 minutes ago, the hitman said:

My brother raves about Ardbeg whiskey which sounds similar to what you have described- a bottle of JW lasts me about a year as it’s very much a winter drink for me .

I cannot remember the last bottle I bought for myself as they usually come as presents from family or friends for favours that I have done. There has not been one that I have not liked and it is good to try lots of different ones.

10 minutes ago, 243deer said:

I cannot remember the last bottle I bought for myself as they usually come as presents from family or friends for favours that I have done. There has not been one that I have not liked and it is good to try lots of different ones.

Yes always nice to receive a bottle as a present. I know that Lidl do a copy of JW black label called Abrachan - I think, however it’s nowhere as nice.