Supermarket runners

figgy

I'm sat waiting for my wife in the co op supermarket, watched what looked like a gent in thirties joining up to and into the supermarket. Few minutes later he comes running out the entrance door with his basket of steaks and meat and a bag full run off with his mate. Neither looked starving, so can only assume to sell for cash.

Wife came out and told me she watched them and told security guards who were much too slow. 

Edited by figgy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard it is on the increase - because no one is caught, no one prosecuted, and police not interested.  Mostly folk from caravans locally I believe.  Our local Morrison's now have a 'heavy' stationed at the exit - presumably as a deterrent.  Steaks now carry security tags on the pack.

4 minutes ago, henry d said:

Supports their substance abuse, high value, easily shifted items. Watched a guy using foil to cover the electronic caps on spirits a few weeks ago and I believe it is the same with perfume.

My brother arrested a couple of eastern europeans after a car stop, the woman was arrested for going equipped for robbery. She had foil stitched into the lining of her deep handbag

44 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

My brother arrested a couple of eastern europeans after a car stop, the woman was arrested for going equipped for robbery. She had foil stitched into the lining of her deep handbag

Now that is a new one for 'going equiped'   In my day it was a jemmy.  

Yep, sign of the times and the cost added on to your bill of course.

6 hours ago, sam triple said:

Tbh are the security guards really going to do anything if threatened? Probably not they’re probably on minimum wage or so 

I set the alarms off at our local area 7/10 times with my heavily armour plated leg. Security doesn't look going in and coming out he might come over to check you haven't got anything in the bag that will set the alarms off. Never checks receipts to see you aren't nicking. 

Outside our office we saw a lad running past (uphill 🙈) with a small TV from a local shop. The security guard was a young fit lad and absolutely bombed after him. The thief stopped, actually handed the TV back to the guard and then walked away. I suppose he could have dropped it but seemed mad he was just allowed to go on with his day. 

10 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Outside our office we saw a lad running past (uphill 🙈) with a small TV from a local shop. The security guard was a young fit lad and absolutely bombed after him. The thief stopped, actually handed the TV back to the guard and then walked away. I suppose he could have dropped it but seemed mad he was just allowed to go on with his day. 

I guess the security guard would have had to detain him, wait for the police to turn up and... Do nothing. 

Cut out the middle man. At least he got the TV back. 

As above, plod are useless. They wouldn't do anything other than caution. The courts were backed up from covid lockdowns and don't think they're back to normal yet.  Not worth the hassle when shop got TV back.

Edited by figgy

Police just give incident number over the phone and don't bother to turn up.

Poor state of affairs but what's the point of turning up because nothing ever happens, even if it got to court which is unlikely the sentence if any is no deterrent. Certain sections of the community are very much aware of this and take full advantage of it.

The guy with the tv knows full well he can get his breath back and try again where there is a less athletic security guard.

We saw something similar in B&M St Austell. When you go in you have to turn to the left  and pass down an aisle of food products before it opens out into the rest of the shop.

A bloke walked in with a rucksack, shoves half a dozen big jars of coffee into the rucksack and was back out the way he came in. 

There was nobody there to stop him going straight back out. 

The wife and I were in Las Vegas and popped into a supermarket, walking down the aisle there was a shout from the very large female security guard that put the wind up me she shouted "stop right there, put the bag down, put the bag down" well I stopped and looked down for a bag to put down, but I had no bag. Then a young lad ran past us dropped the bag and scarpered out the door.

This security guard was massive if she got hold of you then you would be done for, but she was no sprinter so the thief got away.

Made us laugh though as the way she shouted I think everyone in the shop stopped and put there bags down and said a pray that she wasn't talking to them.