steve_b_wales

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys,

As a matter of interest, now that we have around 16 hours of darkness, roughly what time do you Guys reckon on seeing the most foxes?

I have about 600 acres of virtually 100% arable farmland to shoot over, but have seen very few foxes between 7.30 and 10.00pm, even using an Icotec caller.

It's Badger city out there most nights with 3 or 4 in virtually every field, plus plenty of Roe deer in little groups of 4 or 5, but very few foxes.?

Should I be going out earlier or later.?

Cat.😎

On 16/12/2021 at 20:19, Catamong said:

Guys,

As a matter of interest, now that we have around 16 hours of darkness, roughly what time do you Guys reckon on seeing the most foxes?

I have about 600 acres of virtually 100% arable farmland to shoot over, but have seen very few foxes between 7.30 and 10.00pm, even using an Icotec caller.

It's Badger city out there most nights with 3 or 4 in virtually every field, plus plenty of Roe deer in little groups of 4 or 5, but very few foxes.?

Should I be going out earlier or later.?

Cat.😎

Put out a bait point and a camera and it will tell you what time they are about  i find the later the better i also use the ecotec 350

8 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Put out a bait point and a camera and it will tell you what time they are about  i find the later the better i also use the ecotec 350

Thanks, have started putting a bait point down, and it's being used, just need to get a trailcam set up.

Cat.

I knew one had been laying up in the brambles so had a wander down to this point this afternoon as it was sunny, thermal picked it up and fed it 12g 42 no1, but couldn't cross the flooded brook to see what sex it was. It was not that big so guess a vixen.