How many Grey Squirrels killed in 2021

steve_b_wales

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great idea this is but how the hell do you add each person’s tally up at the end of the year?There are gonna be hundreds of posts every time someone kills a squirrel. Why don’t we all just post our personal tally at the end of the year? Forgive me for being facetious, I’m just curious as to how this whole squizzer count works?

43 minutes ago, Pigeon addict said:

Great idea this is but how the hell do you add each person’s tally up at the end of the year?There are gonna be hundreds of posts every time someone kills a squirrel. Why don’t we all just post our personal tally at the end of the year? Forgive me for being facetious, I’m just curious as to how this whole squizzer count works?

You just keep your own running count, some add each time others monthly. 

Running total 48

Just one more this morning then it snowed. Lots of bird activity around the flip top and also on a pile of wheat tipped just over the fence attracting redwings, blackbirds, the song thrush, woodpigeons, hedgesparrow and grey wagtail with the nuthatches and blue tits hitting the flip top. 

One more this morning from my own wood.  It obviously went into the live catch at dusk as my wife checked round mid afternoon. Anyway either a fox or badger wrecked the table it was on and dragged the trap about 20yrds obviously shaking it around because it looked like there had been a squable between two or more, so maybe badgers which we have a few.  So have to build a new table now, fortunately no damage to the trap. Squirrel was dead.

8 hours ago, Martlandhw100 said:

I found 1 dead in the small wood today which I hadn't shot so not sure how it's died it was a male so is it possible another male has killed it fighting over females? 

Is it far from a road? Or possible someone else has shot it on the boundary? I found a 22 pellet in one at a place I've only ever shot 177 

17 minutes ago, Martlandhw100 said:

It's not that far from a road so I suppose it could of been hit then traveled and died. I couldn't find any sign of it being shot I did have a good look to see if there was any kind of shot wound 🤔

Never worry how they died, just so long as they died!

Well I failed to go where I intended. The ground here is sodden and it meant an 800 yard walk across a seriously wet field of wheat so I went to The Pit which was still a bit of a wet walk but only a couple of hundred yards. Now I have shot this hard and did not expect to se anyhting. The flip top had not been touched so i hung up the fat ball cage I had and settled in the hide.  Lots of little birds and then at 9.30 a seriously big fat tree rat came along the fence and straight into the pheasant feeder.  Fed it 40g of lead and then sat to 11am and apart from dozens of small birds enjoying what I had just spread about and one or two finding the fat balls, nothing else showed.  SO, just one to add.

3 Today , not on the feeders though, on rotting acorns , at the bottom of an old  4 x 4 track in the woods.

CZ452 Acquired this morning , and put to good use with Eley subs.

OOOOH , that East Wind , can you keep it in Cumbria please?

Edited by Longbower