How many Grey Squirrels killed in 2021

steve_b_wales

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the 4am rise from my bed proved well worthwhile. Drive across to Lincolnshire and was sat in position looking across at three pheasant feeders and one of my flip tops at 6am.  The first one fell at 6.35 and the last at 12.5pm and totalled 14 and one miss (too close and went underneath).  It then went very quiet and after a call at Mole, Stafford on the way home was back here at 4.30pm.  Nice one.

Finally caught up with last years score to date but not anywhere near my one a day new year promise.

Edited by Walker570

Two this morning within a couple of minutes whilst making pancakes. Always a little more pressure when you have a gallery watching. Within 30 seconds of each squirrel being spotted coming onto the stile the rifle was out of the cabinet and they were dead. 

E36F2746-9F85-431C-A4AB-25C64B9F1CC5.jpeg

Edited by WalkedUp

Out early this morning on a farm which is to the east of Clocaenog forest, where Red Squirrels have recently been released. 
I managed to remove two breeding females, but there are more.

Need to get some more feeders up to reduce the greys and give the reds a chance.

13 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Two this morning within a couple of minutes whilst making pancakes. Always a little more pressure when you have a gallery watching. Within 30 seconds of each squirrel being spotted coming onto the stile the rifle was out of the cabinet and they were dead. 

E36F2746-9F85-431C-A4AB-25C64B9F1CC5.jpeg