steve_b_wales

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, George1990 said:

Another 9 since posting. My feeder must be drawing in them in far and wide now. They empty the whole thing in less than 48 hours.  (25)

If it is open free for all it could be that other species are enjoying the feed.  That is where a flip top scores. I have only seen tre rats and mice clever enough to get under the lid.

It is a flip top feeder, and the only access is if they opened the lid and get their head in. They often actually climb in completely and sit in there munching away. 

I have a trail camera on it and haven't seen anything else in there, but I guess a small mouse may not be triggering the system. I have monitored it close closely and the level of feed seems to match the level on the camera when squirrels are visiting. One squirrel seems to eat a hell of lot though. I have watched them put it away! Hoping to draw them in from far and wide.

10 hours ago, George1990 said:

It is a flip top feeder, and the only access is if they opened the lid and get their head in. They often actually climb in completely and sit in there munching away. 

I have a trail camera on it and haven't seen anything else in there, but I guess a small mouse may not be triggering the system. I have monitored it close closely and the level of feed seems to match the level on the camera when squirrels are visiting. One squirrel seems to eat a hell of lot though. I have watched them put it away! Hoping to draw them in from far and wide.

:good:

Another two this morning, mature male and female, both 580grms ish. Started with a mating romp. Eventually came to the feeder. Female first then the male watched her final twitch from a log on the ground at the bottom of the feeder,before he joined her.