steve_b_wales

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Walker570 said:

1 today in a trap in our own wood and saw another disappearing up a tree.  rare occurence these days.

Nev, are you discounting the numbers from @Goldfish and  myself for some reason?

I think the proper total is 1505 including Walker570’s Longblowers and mine from yesterday.

Another two for me this morning for me. Both male. One large at 650 grms and one so small that its teeth weren’t large enough to hook on the scales, probably less than 400 Grms.

Total 1507

11 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Nev, are you discounting the numbers from @Goldfish and  myself for some reason?

I was on the wrong page as usual did n't see your contributions and thanks for correcting for me.:mellow:

Had that other one this morning. Looked like we had a pair move in ..... big mistake.

3 this weekend in 2 trips to the shoot. 

On the 2nd trip, both presented themselves for a shot at about 5 yards away. The first a youngster when I first entered the wood, and the second a doe as I was preparing to leave. It just ran down a large oak, spotted me & barked at me, waiting long enough for me to get the gun up.  I need to practice very close targets !

11 hours ago, arjimlad said:

3 this weekend in 2 trips to the shoot. 

On the 2nd trip, both presented themselves for a shot at about 5 yards away. The first a youngster when I first entered the wood, and the second a doe as I was preparing to leave. It just ran down a large oak, spotted me & barked at me, waiting long enough for me to get the gun up.  I need to practice very close targets !

There harder than long shots, holding over for something so close seems wrong ever time.

11 hours ago, Martlandhw100 said:

Well a cracking hour and a half on the golf course permission this morning 7 total 5 female and 2 males. 

Total 1543

You found a magic ingredient for your feeder? 😅

Pair for me, and one on the road.

3 more off the feeder this evening. Had around 20 off it since installation around 6 weeks ago and a couple of shoots a week. Don't know where they keep coming from!

Fortunately they're not worried about all the brain tissue on the feeder. 33 now and around 8KG of feed eaten.

Edited by George1990