How many Grey Squirrels killed in 2021

steve_b_wales

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Topped a feeder up yesterday and saw a couple of greys doing a mating chase around a large pine. Couldn’t get a safe shot because I only had a 22lr with me. Back this morning, first one came down the pine onto the feeder at 7.00am, second came across the ground, inspected his fallen mate then straight up onto the feeder to meet the same fate.

All done and dusted by 7.15am., one mature female, 1 mature male.

Total 1680.

Edited by Fisheruk

My forest ranger/part time wife reported an intruder in our small wood a couple of hours ago. I slid the Browning out of it's lair and went down and sat for about 10 minutes in one of the cabins.  True to form out same Miss Tree Rat paused just too long  WHOP!!!   I am now getting back near to my New Year promise of one a day.

Two yesterday.

I had a job or two to do on our shoot and put the Webley .410 in the car.

A job completed, and finding myself with a spare 20 minutes before I had to leave, I stalked through the woods and whacked one as it gambolled along playfully towards me. He could not have known that I am congenitally immune to the charms of the grey marauder.

This startled its chum, which legged it up a tree before obligingly stopping to check me out.